“Cold Shower” 3 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
“Cold Shower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Room small
Restaurant nice food but overpriced.
Dinner good but limited choice and a little pricey
Room was stuffy
The shower had no warm water. Was freezing. Really horrible. Turned it up to full but was freezing. Room was pokey. Too much furniture to move.
Inside of hotel is welcoming but corridors near rooms are shabby. Car park is very tight and small. Difficult to find with all building work going on. I wasn't overly impressed.

• Stayed October 2013
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am upset to see that you didn’t enjoy your stay. I am aware that there are some areas of the hotel that looks tired, you would be glad to know that we do have a soft refurbishment planned at the beginning of next year. I have addressed the issue of the cold water with my maintainace team who have made sure that the next guest doesn’t have to encounter the same problem.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you wish to discuss this issue further.
Best Regards
Mahesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This trip to Cardiff we wanted to be in the City centre and we had family to visit so we chose the Park Inn. The rooms were clean but dated but the value was good. The staff were friendly and helpful. We liked the short walk to all the shops and markets in Cardiff city centre. Many shops for quick lunch and lots of pubs for good ales.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the service that we had to offer to make your stay comfortable.
As you said that we are extremely proud of our location being in the heart of the city center with close proximity to all the events and the tourist attractions that Cardiff has to offer.
Again, thank you for the time taken to write this feedback and we hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a hen do in September! I really didn't know what to expect but the hotel was great! We were a large group and we will Ll split on to different floors which wasn't ideal! However the rooms were large and had everything that you would expect a large chain of hotels to have! The breakfast was also the best breakfast iv had at a hotel! I am surprised for the quality that it was included in the price! So much choice!
My down points are rather simple, are room window faced the lobby which made the room rather dark! Also we didn't have any windows to open and believe that was hard with. Hangover when All you want is fresh air! Also there was only two plugs in convent places not the best when your sharing with another girl and between us have two phones, a Camara, hairdryer, straighteners, curlers and anything else you could imagine!
However it is a really great hotel and it would be my first choice if I was stopping in the area again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed all the facilities that our hotel had to offer in order to make your hen do a memorable one.
We have taken your feedback on board with regards to the rooms facing the lobby and have introduced extra bright lightings in those rooms to eliminate darkness. Also, our chief engineer and his team have been working on the problems caused by few electric sockets in the rooms.
Again, thank you for your feedback and will hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean room with good facilities but stuffy and no air con. Breakfast okay. Parking £12 and no discount for residents. Good internet. Bar food arrives quickly but is uninspiring. I had egg sandwich which has very little egg in it. Hotel had no shop and bar had no nuts or crisps. Overall feel is average with nothing to really commend it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. As you said that we do suffer from lack of air con in the hotel and in order to compensate for lack of aircon we have heater and fans into every single guest rooms. I have taken up you feedback regarding the un inspiring food in the bar with our head check who has taken all corrective actions to make sure that this doesn’t repeat.
Again, thank you for the time taken to write this feedback and we hope to see you back when your travel brings you to this wonderful city.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Reception got booking all wrong when checking in, first night ordered room service, no cutlery, then charged to my credit card when assured was going to charge company card, then room key fail 4 times, better of putting up a tent the next time, staff utterly useless, worst experience ever, never again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am disappointed to see that you had so many problems during your stay. I have spoken to all my department heads who have taken all corrective actions to make sure that incidences like above don’t happen again.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you wish to discuss these issues further. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion about us.
Towyn, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

As a woman travelling alone on a business trip, I found the hotel staff to be welcoming and friendly. The room was nice, although a little noisy during the night as it overlooked the main road. My room was excellent with all the facilities expected.

Dinner wasn't anything to write home about, I had the spag. carbonara which I think had seen better days to be honest, and the hotel was full of OAP's on a coach tour so it was quite busy. Breakfast was nice *(self service), even though I only had cereal and toast it was fine.

I would stay at this hotel again on business, thought not so sure if I would visit on a pleasure trip.

Room Tip: No tips really, I would think that if there was something going on in the Motorpoint arena opposite...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms with the service that you were offered. I am sad to see that you were not really happy with the dinner served and I have taken up the issue with my Kitchen brigade to make sure that these issues don’t reoccur.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and we hope to welcome you back when your travel brings you back to the wonderful city of Cardiff.
Sunderland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived late in the evening. Room had been properly prepared to 3 occupants. Rooms were outdated in comparison to the modern look of the lobby. Maybe the rooms are next and they had just completed the common areas?? Wifi worked. Breakfast was adequate, nothing to write home about. Chair in breakfast area were not comfortable to sit in. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time taken to write this feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
I am aware that there are some areas of the hotel which looks tired and you would be pleased to know that we have a soft refurbishment planned at the beginning of next year.
Again, thank you for the time taken to write this feedback and we hope to see you back when your travel brings you back to this wonderful city.
Mahesh

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre? Share your experiences!