“Standard Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
Oslo, Norway
“Standard Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are looking for the midstream hotel with a what I call a typical " cold " look decor, this is the modern hotel that fits this category.
Location however is excellent if you are looking to be in the centre of everything.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback for us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us along with our location with close proximity to everything that the city has to offer.
I hope to welcome you back when you visit Cardiff again.

Mahesh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
amman valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited last weekend with my husband as was visiting a concert at the Motorpoint Arena which is just a stones throw across the road, litterally it is in the centre of everything, brilliant value for money, very comfortable large room included flat screen tv , iron, ironing board, hairdryer, breakfast was an excellent buffet, very friendly staff, will deffinately re visit soon.

Room Tip: we stayed in the standard it was quite large 2 arm chairs, large bed, tv, iron ironing board, hairdr...
Dear Guest,
I am really happy to see your wonderful feedback. I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are happy that we exceeded your expectation in terms of delivering the right product and service.
I am glad that you liked your room and enjoyed the amenities in your room.
As you said we do take pride in our location being so close to the shopping area and still away from all the noise that you usually encounter in the city centre hotel.
I would be looking forward to welcoming you back when you wish to visit Cardiff.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

we booked a 1 night stay here on monday 11th feb 2013 through laterooms .com as we were going to to the motorpoint arena , the hotel was spot on very freindly helpfull staff , rooms were great to well equipt , breakfast was good to everything you need and as much as you wanted we would def stay here again and if its a hotel that is central to cardiff that you need then this is it

Room Tip: the hotel bar was good and not a rip off good stella and strongbow
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback. It’s always a pleasure to know that we succeeded in exceeding your expectation. All my staffs are really excited that they were appreciated at this platform.
I would be looking forward to seeing you again when you visit Cardiff.

Llanelli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Myself and my daughter booked a night through Expedia as we wanted to be close to motor point arena for X factor concert and to go shopping. Hotel was spotlessly clean reception staff very friendly our twin room was large and ideal for us .askes at reception for extra pillow and duvet no problem couldn't do enough .we decided to order breakfast in bed it was excellent lush would definitely return soon thanks for great stay

Room Tip: We stayed in room 405 on fourth floor very quit room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback. It’s always a pleasure to know that we succeeded in exceeding your expectation. The housekeeping and reception staffs are really excited that they were appreciated at this platform.
I would be looking forward to seeing you again when you visit Cardiff.

Fishguard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the best hotel if you wish to shop till you drop , with John Lewis right outside the door and the St Davids shopping center.
if you have paid the £12 per day to park underneath the hotel ( door direct to lift ) then you can drop off your purchases as you shop direct to your car ( we did)
free wifi , pleasant reception staff, great breakfast , and if you need more tea making things then reception are happy to help.
room a bit cold (Feb 2013) but an additional electric heater was provided
the room was clean and comfortable , we booked via late rooms and only paid £44.40 for two adults inc full breakfast, we will be returning for our shopping fix.

Room Tip: we didnt open the curtains , so didnt look out
Dear Guest,
I am really happy to start my day with your wonderful feedback. I have discussed your feedback with my team and they are happy that we exceeded your expectation in terms of delivering the right product and service.

Cardiff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel through Latrerooms as we wanted a hotel near to the Motorpoint arena. First impression was a large bright and clean reception area. The staff checking us in were efficient but not particularly friendly and we were given a room on the 3rd floor, 303. On stepping out of the lift on the third floor the first thing I noticed was the carpet which looked as though it hadn't been hoovered for a week. We found our room but only one of the room keys worked. The room itself was clean and the bed reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was very clean but the bath plug was rusty and the door and door frame looked worn.
the view from the window of our room looked over a moss and weed covered flat roof which wasn't pleasant. We were woken at 5am by what soundeded like central heating pipes banging and creaking but it was in fact rain which seemed to be dripping from an above gutter and hitting the window frame so hard that it was impossible to get back to sleep. I realise that the hotel can't do anything about the weather but they can do something about the way rain is channelled away from the windows.

On checking out we were not asked how we felt about our stay, communication was minimal and I was glad to leave.

I had read some very good reviews about this hotel on this site which was the reason that I booked it but I was very dissappointed, I won't be back and will certainly not reccomend the hotel.

Kettering, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just back from watching Paloma Faith at Motorpoint Arena Cardiff. Stopped at this hotel Friday and Saturday. Eventually found the underground car park for the hotel but all the limited spaces were filled up,eventually managed to squeeze my car into another space as the only other option was another NCP car park 500 yards up the road. Hotel reception very modern and the hotel staff very friendly. Allocated room 514 and very dissapointed!! Smelt musky,a door on the units was fully broken off the hinge, room was grubby.Complained to reception and must say that Rimi ,the receptionist was very very helpful and we would have been upgraded but as there was a function on, all those rooms were full. She changed our room no problem to another on same floor.Bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.We slept well,albeit being awaken by noisy groups of drunken merry lads coming in all hours. What you must appreciate is that this hotel accepts groups of lads/men on weekend bashes so you will always get this type of behaviour. Even when the Friday lot of lads left another party replaced them Saturday night so we didnt get a break. Only solution is to make sure that they all on same floor and move couples to lower floors. This way they would only disturb each other and not other guests.Other than that hotel fine and as it was opposite our venue for Saturday night it was perfect. Hotel Bar high prices are to be expected. Didnt use the restaurant as we ate out.Overall it was fine,staff very good, although weren't asked how our stay was on leaving.If we ever went back we would go for an upgraded room.

Room Tip: Dont go for a STANDARD room at weekend if you want a good nights rest.
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback about your experience with us.
I do want to apologize for small inconvienience encountered during your stay and be rest assured that I have discussed your feedback with my staff and have already taken internal measures to rectify the situation in the future.
I appreciate your suggestion about the placement of rooms for stag and hens on one floor and the couples on the other floor and will make sure that it’s been put to practice.
Again I would like to invite you to stay again with us and experience the difference your feedback has made.
Mahesh.

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre? Share your experiences!