“Great hotel. Excellent facilities and value. Staff make this place a pleasure to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I left this review on the Park Inn North by accident - it was this hotel that I meant.

It's really difficult to sum up all the good elements of this hotel because there is quite a lot of great aspects to staying here that you would only appreciate once you have been here.

I have reviewed this hotel before and stay here quite often. The reason I will review it again is that they always go the extra mile for me and I would like to show my appreciation.

Many city centre hotels are a bit utility - that is you stay in a room, and that's about it. There is much more here.

Straight away - easy access thanks to parking in the basement

Reception is huge and very well fitted out, unlike the 'check in and go to room' hotels, this hotel has a bar, restaurant and there is a good feel as soon as you arrive.

The bar is excellent, everything you need. You can eat in the bar or the restaurant, food is good and quick - no fuss. Staff are like real people who you can talk to and make me feel really at home. Also a fast Internet following an upgrade recently.

Reception staff are friendly and nice people. I have needed washing done last minute, printing when on business, and help with other things, never a problem to them. Excellent.

The restaurant will listen to you if you want something different and then just cook it, if you need a certain type of food - ask here and you will probably get it. They understand food allergies and special requests well.

The Management team have taken a lot of time to make sure they get it right. Not with a fuss, it happens behind the scenes.

The breakfast is second to none, it's hard not to try everything from the buffet. Service is excellent and from people who have something to say (personality), and then great service. I have read some negatives around this and frankly, knowing the people here, I don't believe them.

The room services and the housekeeping are also excellent, fast laundry service, extra duvet when I wanted it, again no fuss.

Park Inn group have a 'Yes I can' policy and I think they live up to it. The 'feeling' I get is up with the best hotels that I have stayed in even 5*.

To sum up, great facilities, great service, nice place to stay, good feeling.Thank you all. Stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the recently refurbed room or upgrade to business room.

Room Tip: Join the Club Carlson and get an upgrade. I don't like the rooms that face into the lobby alth...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
WOW! What a wonderful review Mr Jones. I and my team are glad that we ticked all the boxes that made your stay pleasant and continue to do so.
And I am extremely delighted you being a business guest are most aware of the needs of Co-operate guest, and I am pleased that you being a regular guest appreciate the effort that makes our products and service at par to our local competitors.
We look forward to your next visit Mr Jones..

Warm Regards,

Mahesh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Swindon, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here last Saturday night 5th January on a one-nighter after seeing Gary Barlow across the road at the Arena.
£59 double room only paid in advance.

Arrived about 11am and left our bag before heading into the city centre for lunch. Our room wasnt quite ready but was impressed that reception had noted my request for non-feather pillows and called housekeeping while we were there to check they were aware too. A nice change as usually I discover feather pillows in the room and then its straight on the phone to get them swapped.

When we did get in the room we found it to be very clean and modern. 2 comfortable twin beds we pushed together to make the double. Effective air-con/heating. Bath/shower. Pretty functional but probably heading towards Premier Inn quality, which is a good benchmark in my view.

Room 094 was surprisingly quiet overnight, considering how close we were to the city centre.

All cardiff city centre hotels are well located, but this one is right across the road from the Arena and no more than 10 mins stroll from the station. 2 mins to the shops. 10-15 mins to the Castle.

Hotel has a bar off the foyer and a restaurant on site. We had a drink in the bar, but you are literally 5 mins walk from Cardiff city centre and all manner of pubs, bars and restaurants. We went to Jamies Italian which is the first one you come across.

Our rate didnt include breakfast - offered at £9.95 on arrival, or £13.95 on the morning. We opted against this and went into John Lewis nextdoor where we got cooked breakfast with tea or coffee for £6.95 each.

We passed an impressive looking Maldron hotel on the way to the station, and Premier Inn Cardiff Centre looks good too but Park Inn is well worth checking out for a good value break in Cardiff

Room Tip: 094 faces the rear of the hotel, but was surprisingly quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

What a glowing review! Me and my team are delighted that you appreciated the extra mile my team went on your arrival to make your stay comfortable and memorable one.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities in your room and found it to be clean and spotless.

As you said, we are perfectly located to explore all the delights Cardiff has to offer. We believe we offer guests a good value visit, and hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had to book hotel last minute to attend a funeral. They had 50% off deals (January sale) so took advantage of this. Double room with breakfast in the city centre less than £53 - great deal! Firstly the 'car park - free to residents' was tiny and therefore full. We were advised to use the nearby public car park at a cost of £18 for 24 hours. The lobby was fantastic and check in quick and efficient (we'd pre-paid). Got to the top floor (floor 5) and there was a funky smell. Now all public areas have been non-smoking for an age. So can't believe furnishings have not been updated since then, however the previous occupant had definitely been a smoker so the room stank. Not all the lights worked and there was no heating on. The shower screen leaked - not so much our problem but the room below must have an interesting stain on the ceiling. The bathroom door scrapped the floor every time you opened it (would not have liked being in the room below) and there appeared to be only storage heaters so the room was a bit chilly. Luckily it was a mild January. The location is great, right in the recently rejuvenated St Davids area of Cardiff. Easy walk to shops, eateries and of course the motorpoint arena. Thank goodness the Local Authority have rules about how late concerts can go on for. The noise and vibration from the arena meant an early night was not an option. However it was finished by 2230 so not a problem if you haven't got an early start. Talking of which, breakfast was advertised as available from 0700 to 1030 on weekends. It wasn't. It was actually 0800. So we get a breakfast - so can't comment on its quality. In the hotel's defence, we didn't complain about anything so don't know if they could of put anything right or moved us to a better room. We were too tired and emotional and had to be up early to bother trying. Free basic internet access, which was nice.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have been smoking rooms in the past. Try and get rooms on opposite side of the bui...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you encountered problems while parking your car and couldn’t find space in our car park, this is a limitation that we face having a small car park hence we limit it for guest who come on first come first serve basis and we do charge £12 for 24 hours in our car park. Since we do have a limited area for parking spaces, and we attempt to manage this space as efficiently as possible. With the St David’s car park so close to us, guests will always find parking very near the hotel. I am delighted to read that your check in process went very smooth and quick.

It is disappointing to read about the issues of leakage and noise caused by the bathroom doors scraping all the time while operating. I have already taken internal measures to make sure that those issues are addressed.
I apologise for that you weren’t updated about the change on breakfast time on that day and will make sure that the communication process is up to date within my team.
We have taken all your feedback on board and be rest assured that we are using it as a tool to provide better product with great customer service to our guests.
If you wish to discuss the issue further don’t hesitate to contact myself on maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com.

Tredegar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Booked a room for new years eve night through booking.com £80 for a twin room or £100 for a double...we chose the double. We arrived at 6.30pm to check in (due to work commitments) and the guy at reception said we had a twin room booked for one night...I quickly explained I had paid the extra to have a double. He said he did have doubles but that would come at an charge!! NO WAY was I paying more!! So told him straight! He then continued to type into the computer and said 'oh yes thats fine'....we went to our room 507 which is on the 5th floor (the suites) the room was huge!! Very clean, nice size bed, lovely bathroom. Only downside was the lighting, there was no lighting by the mirrors and since i was getting ready for a night on the town on NYE I needed mirrors and good lights.
The hotel is in excellent location for a night out, shopping or concerts I highly recommend it, just be careful of them trying to get more money from you!!

Room Tip: 507 - Fifth floor are the big suites
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay, although I am disappointed to hear about the check in issue with regards to the room type and inadequate lighting in your room. I apologise that this affected your stay and we have already taken internal measures to ensure that there is no repeat of this issue.
If you wish to discuss this issue further don’t hesitate to contact myself at maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com.
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
Warm Regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Came to Cardiff for some shopping and a night away. Hotel very quiet. Checked in quickly. Room adequate for what we required. Didnt eat in restaurant other than breakfast. Breakfast was your average hotel breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to know you had a perfect stay with us.

Apologise if our breakfast buffet wasnt up to your standard.

We have recently rewamped our breaffast to a new standard,and I am sure you will be surpriced to see the changes when you visit us next time.

Llandeilo, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

arrived at the park it was very quiet! the staff were friendly and helpful. after arriving we noticed a horrible back ground smell, but the room was ok it was not spotless but it was ok so we thought, some lighting did not work some plug sockets did not work, the heating did not work the bed was like sleeping on a wooden board! the kettle did not boil the water. so be carefull to check you room we had room number 117.

Room Tip: cant help there but check it when you arrive!!
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We have very carefully checked your comment about the room 117 on the heating,kettle and the sockets,fortunately all reported working fine.We do have strict follow up procedure for resolving maintenace issues and we follow up straight away the next day and we aim to rectify 99% of the issues with in one working day.

If you wish to discuss the issues,you can reach me on maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com.

looking forward to hear from you.

Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were in the Park Inn for a xmas party so can not comment on the rooms, but for us the location was good right in the centre of Cardiff opposite the Motorpoint arena and next to St Davids shopping centre, the food was good as was the service during the meal, but the entertainment was poor, no dj just music playing in the background.
The really dissapointing thing was the service at the bar, the bar tender could not understand english? and each time i got served it was a different price? They really do need to sort the bar service out , also the price of the rooms were £75 a night which was expensive as most hotels do a deal for customers partying at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre? Share your experiences!