“Great hotel will come again :)” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
“Great hotel will come again :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel, I came Down to visit family. Was offered a good bed and breakfast rate for me and my partner for the 2 days. I'm very happy with the service from the staff on reception and the breakfast. I will certainly return back to the hotel and recommend to my friends and family :) thank you for making my visit very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very glad to know that we have ticked in all the boxes.

Thank you so much for a wonderful review!!!!

To receive five stars in every category is fantastic and there are a lot of reviewers that agree with you.

Sure my staff will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, thanks for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed yourself.

Thanks once again for such wonderful comments. Our staff love hearing how well we are doing.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
BRISTOL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 2 reasons:-
Firstly due to its location - just yards away from the Cardiff Indoor Arena and Secondly because it was part ofthe Radisson group.
Being the latter we automatically thought we were checking in to a well run and organised establishment - unfortunately that wasn't our experience.
We arrived just after midday and had previously requested an early check in if possible - our early check in was available - hoorah we thought......until we checked into our room.
We booked a Superior room and we were given a standard room - which was ok(a bit pokey) but ok. It wasnt what we had booked though. We didnt insist on moving as my partner bad already unpacked our cases.
Reception said it was because we asked for an early check in - they gave us a couple of complimentary drinks vouchers as compensation.
Our room never had any water, tea/coffee, a hairdryer nor bath robes - all of which were promised in the description when we booked. Whilst reception dealt with this (except the bath robes as there were none in the hotel) we felt this level of service was far short of the Radisson's usual high level.
We were beginning to feel this was no better than a Premier Inn really (no disrespect to Premier Inn - they are what they say they are - a budget hotel) but the Park Inn had "bigged itselt up" to something it was not - very disappointing really.
When we went to the bar at around 1pm - there was no-one to serve us for at least five minutes - the staff were still setting up the bar - filling ice buckets, cutting lemons etc - finally we got our drinks and sat in what described as a comfy reception area - NOT SO - it was draughty and cold. If you sat forward in the ill designed arm chairs they would tilt forward - all in all pretty poor realy. The service at the bar didnt really improve so we left to go into town.
After the show we saw in the CIA. We returned to our hotel only to bave to wait over 20 minutes to be served a drink - the bar was swamped but only 3 staff were there to serve - poor planning / poor customer service. We had just one drink and went to bed.
The bed was really comfy though (finally i can write something positive) - the bathroom was quite small and being a big chap i found it a bit restrictive.
Breakfast was very disappointing - the croissants were hard, the buffet english cooked breakfast was lukewarm and the scrambled eggs were tasteless.
Would we stay here again? Yes probably if we were going to see a show at CIA and if we could negotiate a better room rate - but not with the level of expectation we had on our this visit - Park Inn is lacking in areas it should not be....sorry but thats my opinion.
Just one really important thing to point out though - the staff were really polite and friendly - probably overworked and undervalued!

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience with us. Please contact me directly on maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com as I would like to discuss a solution to your recent experience in our hotel if you would like to.

Sorry once again.
Hope to hear from you soon.

wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

First visit to cardiff for business,stayed here for 3 night. Centrally located near a good shopping centre.
We arrived and were greeted by a very pleasent receptionist who dealt with our check in quickly and efficently. Our room was clean, spacious and really nice.
Staff were very helpful and friendly, We had dinner and breakfast included in our rate, nice menu with a lot of choice, food and staff very nice.
All in all, a confortable stay and we would certainly return...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic comment,you have made my day.
We are rolling our NEWGEN RBG menu in January 2013,hope you will enjoy that on your next visit.

I am very glad that we have met your expectations and hope to see you again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went to Cardiff with the girls for a shopping weekend. The hotel is right next to the St David's shopping centre. Everything what you need is within 5min. After a quick and friendly check in got into our rooms which were very spacious, clean and comfy. There were 5 of us and got two rooms connected with doors inside (one big room with 3 and the other one with 2 single beds).
Didn't try the restaurant, but had the first few drinks in the bar before went out to discover the city at Saturday night.
Breakfast buffet had a lot of choices and the restaurant staff was helpful and friendly.
We had a lovely Sunday at the Christmas market and in the small shops of the arcades.

I would definitely recommend this hotel not just because of the good price and location, but the whole atmosphere and clean and comfy rooms as well. Everything what you just need for a nice weekend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I am very glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay,entertainment and activities around our location. especially thank you so much for your postive comment on our RBG breakfast service and the bar.lot of the reviewers agree that our bar is perfect to start the night with.

will definitely share your review with my team and 100% they will be delighted to read your comment.

Thanks and hope to see you soon.

warm regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Visited Cardiff to attend the Lionel Richie concert and decided to stay with Park Inn as it was the only one city center hotel suiting my budget and you cant get closer to the arena.
The check in was quick and the staff very helpful and friendly. ( I am trying to find one of those funky chairs you see in the lobby).
The view from the room was overlooking the lobby, would have personally preferred a room with an outside view but it was nice and quiet. Beds very comfortable and room clean.
In the evening bar was extremely busy before the concert , pricing reasonable but limited choice of bitter.
Really good choice at the breakfast buffet with quick and friendly service even though it was very busy and crowded.
Did the check out quickly after the breakfast and kept our bags on reception for the rest of the day and just did a roam around in the shopping center till our evening train.

To sum it a great city center 3 star hotel with friendly staff, will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comment.

Being right opposite to the Motor Point Arena, we’re the best in terms of access,pre-drink or a pre-concert meal.

I’m so happy you loved us so much and would stay with us again, we’d love to have you back.

warm regards,

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel boasts a large reception area that is very welcoming and my wife and I were impressed with the size of our room. We ate our dinner in the restaurant and we were very impressed with the food and service. The location of the hotel is brilliant and is right in the middle of the city centre. Unfortunately our breakfast service was a huge let down. We were greeted and sat down by a member of staff named Sarah who was very rude and unwelcoming. She didn't tell us it was a buffet and left us sitting there waiting for assistance. When I asked her if we could order she simply pointed to the buffet and then walked into the kitchen where I heard her very loudly and clearly say "that man out there is a f****** idiot". This is unacceptable and shocking. I certainly wasn't impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience upon your recent stay.

We always drive our staff to deliver service with a 'YES I CAN' attitude.

We never encourage this kind of attitude from our staff, especially in this case Sarah is one of our valuable member of staff who has been recently praised by so many of our guests on the trip advisor.

If you have a moment and are willing to share a bit more in detail, it would greatly increase my ability to better assess and attempt to remedy these concerns at the same time to proceed with our disciplinary procedure. You could contact me on maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com.

However, regardless of your response to my request I would to make sure that you feel your comments are valued and we have taken this incident very seriously.

Please accept my sincere apology once again and hope to hear from you soon.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The funky reception area is misleading. Going past reception there are bland narrow corridors with equally bland rooms off them. The power socket in the desk is sunk in to it so you cannot use it with anything that have a firm lead, like a PC. Finding another socket was a challenge (I had to put my PC on the bed). The bathroom taps were loose and rattled. The window that claimed to only tilt opened normally and refused to close properly. And just to show how well the room was looked after I found a previous occupant's sock on the floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

I am absoulutely devastated with the experience you had with your recent stay,i would like to sincierely apologise for the inconvienience and just to make sure your comments are heard and has been taken up with our housekeeping and our maintenance team.

we are genuinely sorry that you encountered loads of other issues. We have recently changed our systems which will ensure all maintenance issues are picked up and addressed daily going forward.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at maheswaran.thangaraj@rezidorparkinn.com, should you be travelling to Cardiff again and will definitely try and exceed your expectations.

Mahesh.

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre? Share your experiences!