“Excellent location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Cardiff
Bristol
“Excellent location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed in a junior suite with my husband and 15 year old daughter. It consisted of a lounge with 3 piece suite and a folding guest bed, a separate bedroom with kingsize bed, and a bathroom off of the bedroom. It was a really good set up for us as it gave my daughter some privacy. She said the guest bed was comfy although she personally didn't like the pillow (but she is spoilt with a tempur pillow at home!) The kingsize bed was very comfy, we were concerned about the thickness of the duvet as it was very light but it was warm enough. Only niggle is it barely reached both sides of the bed, felt a bit like a double duvet on a kingsize bed. The room was fairly clean but a little tired looking, however, we weren't there to stay in the room, we were off out for a fabulous night at the mortorpoint arena!! To be honest i forgot about the decor when we returned. In the room we found bottled water, fruit and two vouchers for a free drink at the bar which was a nice surpise allowing us a nightcap when we came back from the show. I was not disturbed at all during the night and slept soundly (although I always travel with earplugs - lesson learned from many hotel nights).

The staff were lovely and looked after us well.

There was a slight delay at checkout due to only one member of staff at reception but only a 5 minute wait.

Breakfast was lovely, varied and plentiful.

All in all if i was coming back to central Cardiff I would definitely stay again especially as previously I stayed at the Big Sleep which is nothing by comparison!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you so much for your fantastic comment.
Iam very much delighted to share your views with my team here in parkinn.
you should try our RBG restaurant on your next stay,we do have some great pre concert meal offers which is very popular.
I am very glad to know that you had a great stay with us.
hope to see you again.

mahesh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
market drayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel offers reasonable comfort, pleasant food and affordable pricing.
The sting in the tail is the parking
£10 for 9 hours or £12 for 24 hours on top of your bill
It does not show any of this on the internet details.

Room Tip: Away from the tesco express side very noisy
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your time in posting your comment and I’m pleased you liked your stay apart from our carparking charge.I can only apologise if our message on the internet have reached you wrong. Our car parking is snug and our demand for spaces is very high keeping in mind we are a city centre hotel.We are perfectly located in the heart of a great City, with so much to see and do on our doorstep.

thanks for your stay and hope to see you again.

regards,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've stayed at a few hotels in Cardiff and this one has a good location and lobby area however I don't plan to stay here again. The check in was really slow with a big queue and only one person behind the desk. Although it was a Monday night and nothing was on at the arena, I hardly slept due to the noise from the street outside. The window was closed but did not keep the noise out. The room and hotel was also very hot. The following morning I went to check out feeling absolutely exhausted and still there was only one person behind the desk and a big queue - not good for a business stay when you have appointments to keep and expect to feel refreshed and ready for them! In contrast I stayed at the Park Plaza the month before on a Friday night, which is on a very busy street with numerous bars and was not disturbed at all which makes me wonder if this hotel would be better if it had better quality windows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

A lovely friendly hotel.
Staff were all so nice and friendly especially Tim that works behind the bar.
Shops are so nearby.
We even had a little hamper waiting for us in the room that I had requested for my mother who is 81yrs young.
Would stay at this Hotel next time I come home to Wales to see my Mother.
A big thank you to all the staff.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear guest,

wow ! what a fantastic feed back.
we are delighted to see that you had a fantastic stay in it went the same way you want it.
have passed on my personal thanks to Tim and the rest of my team hear in parkinn.
it is great to hear you wouldn’t stay anywhere else as a result of it and we ticked all the boxes.
Sincere thanks again.

swansea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staryed only 1 night as watching a show at Motorpoint Arena (formerly CIA). Had a good deal including breakfast in a 'business room' - booked through Booking.com as booked a few weeks prior.
Room was smaller than anticipated. A few 'hairs' in the bathroom, need I say any more.. Bed very comfortable. Tea and coffee provided, but robes and upgraded toiletries missing. Breakfast wasn't the best but don't know why, and the room was cold when eating.
Location was great, just around corner to John Lewis store and bars, but wouldn't stay again as so many other hotels to choose from. The man on reception did reduce our bill when told of the missing items in business room, but still would have prefered a more 'luxurious' stay else where as we don't get away an awful lot as we have children.

Tenby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The whole place looked amazing, the beds especially the pillows were incredibly comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful and the accesories in the room were great. We didn't hear any noise from anywhere when the windows were closed. It was right next to the town centre so no problem with getting there, and directly across from the motorpoint. Brilliant place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
dear guest,

thank you so much for your fantastic review.
me and my team in parkinn cardiff city cnetre are delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay and we met your expectation.

hope to see you soon.

regards,

Swindon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went to watch John Bishop at the Motorpoint Arena so decided to book a hotel save rushing home late at night. Park Inn is dead opposite the Motorpoint arean and close to the shopping centre and food halls so ideally situated.

The reception area looks very modern and nice but the car park underneath the hotel was very limited both in amount of spaces and the actual room available to manoeuvre!

The room itself was fine, seemed clean and tidy. Strange wondow arrangement, we opened the curtains to find it wasn't the outside world but looked straight out onto the reception area so no natural light. The bed seemed to dip in the middle but generally we slept ok.

Didn't have a breakfast there as seemed very expensive, went out to the left and found a small food place about 400 yards up the road just outside the shopping centre which was very well priced for a good hearty breakfast.

Overall it was similar to a travel inn really and as the title of my review says....."It did the job"

If we go back to the Motorpoint Arena again would probably use the Park Inn again as it is ideally situated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mahesh j, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear guest,

I am really sad to see your comment.first of all i would like to thank you for your time to write this comment.our breakfast is one of the lavish one in the city centre and please let me know on your next visit and i would like to offer you a complimentary breakfast to try which should give you the actual impression of our fantastic selection.we do have fantastic rooms facing the city with windows which can be tilt open,please let me know on your next visit and i shall promise for a very memorable stay.

mahesh.

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff City Centre? Share your experiences!