Stayed for three nights in September 2013. I liked this hotel very much. The building interior is beautifully finished in classical British style, but it feels fresh. It's very very well maintained and spotlessly clean.
I liked :
- Room. My second floor room was the one with the blue bed cover in the hotel website's room gallery. It's a perfect blend of old world charm and modern amenity. The bed was comfortable with nice linen, nothing was worn, big TV if you want it, tea and coffee, storage space, a workdesk and extra chair. The window opened for fresh air. Large very modern and spotless bathroom with a strong hot shower and toiletries.
- Wi-fi. Free, fast and strong signal.
- Breakfast. Other reviewers have listed the things available at breakfast. It's extensive. My cooked breakfast was great. Beautiful strawberries, grapes, melon and pineapple as well.
- Other sitting spaces. There's a bar lounge near reception and a beautiful sitting room at the front. Both are lovely places to sit and read with tea or a drink.
- Service. This is a family run and staffed business and everyone was clearly dedicated to providing excellent service. Not the 'hospitality' kind of service you might find in a larger hotel, but personal, friendly and helpful.
- Value. I paid 75 pound a night and thought this was good value for the UK. Not cheap, but for the quality of amenity, food and service it represents good value.
- Location. In Cathedral Rd. 10-15 minutes walk from the centre of Cardiff. Less than a minute and you're in the beautiful Sophia Gardens and you can walk all the way through the gardens into town. Right near the County cricket ground if you want a place handy for that. Quiet yet easy to get into the centre. Restaurants and pubs nearby if you don't want to go into town.
I liked this hotel a lot. It's run by a lovely family who provide excellent service, it's beautifully kept and presented, the breakfasts are great. Nothing I didn't like. Would definitely stay again. Recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Lincoln Hotel Cardiff
- Lincoln House Private Hotel Cardiff, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victorian hotel in the heart of Cardiff Imagine all the benefits of Victorian splendor in a hotel just minutes from Europe’s youngest, most vibrant capital. Welcome to Lincoln House Private Hotel in Cardiff, South Wales.Whether you are visiting the Welsh capital for business, sport, culture, relaxation or for the city’s busy nightlife, our traditional bed and breakfast offers some of the best-placed accommodation in Cardiff. Built in 1900, this Victorian Town House has been caringly restored and developed to provide today’s guest with all the comforts of modern living in an authentic Victorian atmosphere. Lincoln House Hotel in Cardiff - an oasis of tranquility on the very doorstep of an energetic and lively capital city. Situated in a select area of Cardiff, Cathedral Road often referred to as "The Chelsea of Cardiff", the hotel is within easy walking distance of the City Centre, stunning Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Castle, Universities, Museum, Civic Centre & Swalec Stadium (Cricket Ground). Much more than just a bed and breakfast in Cardiff. All the luxury of a Victorian town house caringly restored to provide the benefits and comforts of a modern B&B. Full Welsh breakfast. Luxury beds. Full en-suite facilities. Free Wi-Fi. Broadband internet. Laundry service. Flat screen digital Freeview television. Free private car park. Tea and coffee facilities. Email, fax and photocopying facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Queensborough Group so you can book your Lincoln House Private Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.