I stayed here in November 2008 - following a Rugby match @ the Millennium Stadium. I booked a single room, which would normally cost £50.00 - but because an 'event was on in Cardiff'' the rate was doubled to £100.
Even if the cost had been the normal rate - this was poor value for money. The room was dingy - the bed was uncomfortable & bottom sheet seemed to have brown 'tide' mark on it, & the wall paper looked like it had been hanging up since the 1st world war...& was peeling off in some corners. There was patches of mould in the tile grout in the shower.
The breakfast would have fitted on a saucer...never mind a plate!
- Also Known As:
- Sandringham Hotel Cardiff
- Sandringham Hotel Cardiff, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandringham Hotel is a well established family run Hotel with good service and friendly atmosphere. It is situated in the heart of the City of Cardiff and only a few minutes walk from the many Shopping Malls and Arcades, of which the City is justly proud; and, just a 'long pass' from the famous National Rugby Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Sandringham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.