“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dexby Town House

You added Dexby Town House to your Saves list
Dexby Town House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   126 Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9LQ , Wales   |
Ranked #5 of 44 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I wanted to stay in Cardiff 22/11/12/-25/11/12 I was told Cathedral Road had some good places I did not know Wales where at home I put hotels in Catherdral Road in Google tried about 10 place no vacancies tried Dexby Townhouse on Booking.com said basic single room available so booked. room was bigger than normal single rooms I have been in. Usually shower is small and you can not bend do do you feet shower was a double shower. Staff friendly continental breakfast cereal, cold meat, fruit tea or coffee and toast. if you wanted hot breakfast at extra cost. A very nice place to stay would recommend to anybody. Will book Dexby Townhouse when I visit Cardiff in January.

Room Tip: book for a good place
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stratford-upon-avon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Friendly staff and good value for money, and easy to get into Cardiff city centre. My room was small, but that had been explained in my booking details which was fine, my friends had bigger rooms which looked really good, but they had paid more. The only reason I haven't given 4 stars is that the wash basin in my en suite was almost impossble to use safely as it had a glass shelf right over the top of it which meant if I had bent over to wash my face I would have hit my head on the shelf.
Nice breakfast, clean room, would recommend for someone wanting a good value place to stay for a short break in this great city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had a fabulous time. Excellent location for us as we were going to The Rugby, just a brisk 10 minute walk. Great Bars near by. Staff very helpful.Definitely would stay there again. Fully recommend Dexby Townhouse.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have just returned from an overdue and well earned break with my son to watch Wales vs. Argentina.

I had spent an age reviewing various hotels in and around Cardiff but just kept coming back to this place. I am a great believer in 'you get what you pay for' but this exceeded that.

The lady that greeted us on our arrival and showed us to our spacious room on the top floor was so friendly, welcoming and extremely informative that we immediately felt 'at home' and valued, she even ran back upstairs after taking us to our room with a print out of directions to a Chinese restaurant we wished to dine at, very much appreciated after such a long drive. All of the other staff we met during our stay were equally caring and professional.

The room’s decor was fresh and light, the beds comfortable and the entire room clean and with all the expected facilities led TV tea/coffee facilities and hair dryer. The bathroom was equipped with dispensers of liquid soap, shower gel and shampoo. The large shower was powerful and offered plenty hot water, towels were large and fluffy.

Breakfast was equally as good, offering a buffet with cereals, fruit, croissants and choice of juice then followed by a choice of cooked breakfast, we didn’t feel rushed in anyway a great way to start the day.

Every effort is obviously made to 'make their customers stay a pleasant one' at this hotel and consequently their standards are very high - something they are rightly proud of. Without question, they really do care about their customers.

Absolutely first class, I look forward to our next visit and hopefully Wales will win next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
dexby, Manager at Dexby Town House, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful review, dear guest. It make us really proud of service. There are not enough words to let you know how grateful we are for your wonderful feedback. This is exactly what we work so hard for every single day. Thank you once again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great stay at Dexby town house.... would definitely recommend it to anyone.... room was great size and very clean, really homely and comfortable! Breakfast was very good and the staff were very friendly.... Next time I visit cardiff, I will stay here again for sure....

Room Tip: Room 1 was very nice!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Enfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great hotel in a good location within 10 -15 minutes walk of the city centre. Nice comfortable clean room. Good breakfast. Friendly hosts. This is my second time staying here and will stay again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My single room on the first floor at the back of the hotel was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Lovely stay at Dexby Town House which is well situated for most amenities in Cardiff. Very pleasant staff, comfortable room and lovely full Welsh breakfast in the morning. Will definately return next time I'm staying in Cardiff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dexby Town House? Share your experiences!