“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, UK
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently for two nights on business. Room was nice with a lovely view over to the castle. Breakfast was very good, with delicious scrambled eggs! Also ate there for dinner but that was average, I have a "don't eat in hotel restaurant" policy normally, and this experience reinforced that, but I was with work and had no choice.
I also used the pool which was very nice, and with clean changing rooms. Location was very convenient for the shops, castle and a nice park behind the castle and did prompt me to think I might come with family for a weekend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking and it was great to read your comments regarding the room and breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Hilton Cardiff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hotel Staff were outstanding. Location was great - right beside a castle and walking distance to eat and drink! Room was clean and bigger than most hotel rooms in Europe. Concierge desk set up trips and made recommendations for Dinner and outings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Pamela,

A big thank for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Cardiff.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Wales and the facilities in our hotel and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Clare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

If I was visiting Cardiff again would definitely stay here. Right beside the Castle the location really is perfect. Very close to the shops and less then a 10 minute walk to the main restaurant and bar streets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The leisure facilities were also very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CWLCardiff, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am pleased to read that you enoyed the hotel and everything was to your liking.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Room location and service was very good. However access to wifi was only complimentary if I provided my card details which I didnt want to. Price for two for breakfast was a ridiculous amount I was told it was 17 before I sat down and I thought together thats not bad but no 17 pounds each! Absolutely disgusted will not come here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you four your feedback.

I do apologise that you were unhappy with WIFI and the connection process in the hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and your constructive comments will be taken on board. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

From check-in to check-out, the service was fantastic, staff were welcoming and helpful, and the room comfortable and clean. We thought parking might be a problem, but no... Valet parking is available a bit pricey, but so are the local car parks. We will definately be staying again!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed one night with my daughter at the hotel whilst attending a concert in Cardiff. The room was very comfortable and the service at the hotel was very good. It was also very close to all ammenties.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Cardiff following your trip to the City with your Daughter.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of another visit soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was visiting Cardiff on business and stayed two nights and the reservation had been made on my behalf. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent location with the proximity to the university and the lovely view of the castle form my room. From the outset I was favourably impressed with the staff who were very friendly and attentive. My room was of generous proportions and very comfortable. I was intrigued to find that the minibar was not stocked at all! The bed was very comfortable and I did not want to get up in the morning. Perhaps because I was on the castle side, I had no problems at all from rowdy revellers in the street below.
The pool and leisure centre was quite well appointed, but as I enjoy 'power-walking' in the water, the very slippery floor of the pool was very disconcerting and made the experience rather disappointing, which was a shame because in every other respect the pool was lovely. The restaurant menu is quite extensive, although healthier options are a little difficult to find. The most delicious meal I had was an excellent chargrilled chicken caesar salad. Breakfast was good, with quite a wide range of options, although I have to say that the coffee was average and tasted as if it had been made for some time. Overall, the Hilton provided most of what I needed, was clean, comfortable and was a haven.

Room Tip: Apparently, it is best to have a room on the Castle side as there is less street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Anthony P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us.

Your fantastic comments regarding our Hotel, location, view from your room, your caesar salad and our breakfast is an absolutely pleasure to read- thank you.

I have noted your feedback regarding our pool flooring and more healtheir options on our food menus which I have shared with my team so that we can further improve our service to our customers. May I thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Rachel Cornelius
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hilton Cardiff? Share your experiences!