“Excellent stay in Cardiff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £99
Ranked #12 of 81 hotels in Cardiff
Wales
“Excellent stay in Cardiff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I wouldnt normally add a review of a hotel I stayed at for just 1 night but had to as the service really was excellent!
My Husband and I stayed there with our 2 children. The morning after my Husband went off on a bike ride so I was checking out with the 2 children and really I cant praise the staff enough for helping me with the bags, buggy and the children!!!
The valet parking is a really good addition.
Rooms were spacious....fab breakfast and lovely pool area too!!!
Fab location for shopping and sightseeing in Cardiff!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking cardiff castle
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

1,331 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
beccles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Arrived 3pm on 6th june...... easy check in, helpful concierge who took luggage to our room and valet parked my car (£20)......had an executive room on top floor which was good.... large comfy bed, huge bathroom and huge shower too!, view wasnt great over some bars but will come back to this later.....went to lounge for afternoon tea and were quite dissapointed to find no sandwiches???, nice cakes but no sandwiches, asked young lady if there was any and was told quite bluntly " no! " she seemed a little surly and somewhat unhappy as she clattered around collecting glasses..... ok, im english and maybe in wales its not tradition to take afternoon tea with sandwiches?, but seemed odd.........went for a walk around town as hotel is in a great location......used pool, sauna and steam room, all of which were very good!......returned to lounge for evening drinks and canapes.....these were excellent ( same surly hostess), nice cheese board and veg somosas, wine was good too.(nice billy nice!)
Retired around 10pm my girlfriend slept well, i however was kept awake by the drunken idiots in the street below...... there was also an incident outside with lots of screaming and sirens in the early hours, police hellicopter and noise.....not the hotels fault though but very disturbing.
went to breakfast in lounge and were greeted by this time a very friendly hostess who was helpfull and efficient.....food was not piping hot but was acceptable....nice coffee!
We then checked-out....no problems here and concierge collected my car quickly.....would stay again!

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the non- castle side, noisy bars below even mid-week!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, PA to General Manager at Hilton Cardiff, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to our hotel.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service you received in our Executive Lounge and may I offer you my apologies. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our normal high levels of guest service.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Spent the jubilee weekend at this hotel and was very impressed with the service from booking to checkout.

Fantastic and extremely keen service throughout. The concierge was very helpful with local directions and places of interest.

I was attending a wedding with my sister at the city hall so the location was just perfect and we could not have been better placed (could see it from hotel entrance and room window too)

The hotel is convieniently located just around the corner from the main town centre which is vast and includes the main high street names : superdrug, mcdonalds, miss selfridge, burtons, primark, peacocks, burgerking, boots, marks and spencers etc

The hotel itself has a nice restaurant and this is where the breakfast (buffet) is served also which is nice and includes a selection of breakfast rolls, croissants, juices, yoghurts, pastries along with beans, sausages, omelettes and hash browns. The service is very quick and efficient and the waiting staff extremely professional.

The lifts to the main bedrooms are clear and transparent so no worries for those suffering from chlostrophobic conditions

Rooms are quite spacious with a minibar, workdesk, lamps , radio/alarmclock/mp3 docking station and ironing facilities. The bathroom included a shower and bath and we found this extremely spacious and delightful. Room service was very nice but a little expensive. The chambermaid was very cheerful and always greeted us warmly.

Overall, a very pleasant experience made more memorable by the charming staff.
We must add that it was our premier visit to Cardiff and Wales and we were glad we chose the Hilton and hope to return soon

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and the great location and the customer service in our hotel, something that we truly take great pride in here at the Cardiff Hilton.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Great Hotel close to centre of city. Breakfast was wonderful as were staff and room.
I was disappointed with a charge for WiFi. In this age of communication a charge for this facility is not acceptable. I will not return to this hotel because WiFi is too expensive

Room Tip: Lower rooms can be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I was really pleased to read your review of the hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Your comments are really appreciated and will be passed to our team so that everyone can share in your praise.

I have also noted your feedback concerning WI FI and I would like to let you know that we do offer complimentary access on the ground floor.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Booked the Hilton for a night away. As expected the standard of the room was excellent. Location for shopping and visiting Cardiff is excellent too. I have to compliment Hilton on the comfiest pillows and bed I have stayed in around Europe. Did not have breakfast as was too pricey when you have so many other places nearby for half the price. Otherwise a superb night away

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel.

Your feedback is really appreciated as it is only through customer feedback that we can continually improve our performance, standards and service to our guests.

I look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Deri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I always try and stay at the Hilton after a night out in Cardiff. I booked a standard room there for a Friday night in April on a very good low rate. On arrival at the hotel I was informed at check in that I'd been upgraded to a club room. This included free breakfast and evening drinks in the lounge which is a very nice bonus. The staff are always warm and friendly and although the vallet parking costs £20 I always feel that bit special when my car is taken and brought back safely to the main entrance. With the location being in the centre of the city it makes it my top choice when staying in Cardiff. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed April 2012
It was great to read your fabulous review of our hotel and I would like to say a big thank you !

Your comments are really appreciated and it was great that we are your top hotel in Cardiff.

I look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Excellent hotel, have stayed here many times and never fails to do what Hilton does best. More expensive than most hotels to stay in Cardiff, however this is mainly down to location as in a perfect walking distance to main shopping streets and mill lane and grey friars for the nights out. Rooms are slightly outdated and could do with some upgrades to the mod cons, but generally unbeatable in most cases. Well polished hotel, which will go the extra mile to ensure you enjoy your stay. do watch out for the drinks prices though as the bar bill can sting you when you pick up the bill!!!

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team at the hotel, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Hilton Cardiff

Been to Hilton Cardiff? Share your experiences!