“lovely shopping trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“lovely shopping trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights on a christmas shopping expedition. We arrived a little too early but were allowed to wait in the dining room while our room was made available. The young lady who welcomed us was very friendly and helpful.
The room was lovely, very clean and stylish. We stayed in a room on the top floor with a lovely bathroom and windows in a sloped ceiling.
We didnt eat the breakfast, this is our own choice and nothing to do with the hotel, but we saw the spread and it looked very nice, especially as it is in the price of the room.
At the end of our stay we were very kindly allowed to leave our bags after check out time so we could enjoy our final day without having to drag them around. The lady who we spoke to was very friendly and chatty and gave us some good tips on the buses and local attractions.
I would book this hotel again first before trying any others. We got a bargain at £57 a night, a lovely little gem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelonehundred, Owner at Hotel One Hundred, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review. I'm very happy you took advantage of our wide variety of shops in Cardiff. Hope to welcome you back in the future ;)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Lovely B&B, my room had some lovely high spec fixtures and fittings. If I was to be overly fussy, the only negative things were that the shower basin was very marked and there was quite a lot of traffic noise in my room which was right at the front of the building, but for the price I would definitely stay there again albeit I would ask for a room at the back. The breakfast was fine, there was always someone about if you needed to ask for anything. Paying for the room/check out was a little odd as the lady who dealt with it was fishing change out of her purse to give to us which took a while, but this was more than balanced out by her friendly welcome and the handy features such as the phone in the dining area with prerecorded numbers for taxis etc.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for one at the back, butnot the top floor back room which doesn't seem to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hotelonehundred, Manager at Hotel One Hundred, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for writing a review! I'm glad you had a good stay with us and apologies for a less than perfect check out. We must have run out of change ;) Hope to welcome you back soon.
Dunoon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I expected better after the great reviews . The welcome and the staff could not be faulted but this is basically a house with rooms the owners do not live on site. The rooms are clean and well decorated but lacking in comfort -- no bedside table/ reading lights no storage for clothes and no shelving or clothes hooks in the bathroom(shower room) The road outside is also very busy and noisy. We did not pay a budget price (£120) per night and for this I would normally expect more luxury and a cooked breakfast. The area is not the best as regards parking although you can book parking if it is available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review.

Yes that is correct. Hotel One Hundred is a 7 bedroom Victorian town house. Not a large 300 room chain hotel.

All our rooms have bedside tables. You can see this by taking a look at our photos.

There is a hanging device in the room for clothes. We also have clothes hooks at the back of the door in the bathroom.

You stayed with us on one of the busiest days of the year - The Rugby World Cup Opening ceremony. The average price for a hotel room in the city was £200.00 + with no breakfast. We offered a 35 item complimentary continental breakfast. Our rates for that weekend were reasonable. I would recommend choosing another weekend where you can enjoy our normal rates of approximately £75.00 per night for 2 guests.

We have a limited amount of secure parking on a first come first serve basis. There is a nearby street with plenty of parking if needed.

Thank you for your comments about our staff and our cleanliness. Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night here and found it lovely. Clean and comfortable with a lovely lounge to relax in. Breakfast was one of the best I have come across and that was just the Continental. Will definitely return next time I am in Cardiff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to welcome you back again.
Turku, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This little hotel is a true gem. It might be just a little bit of a walk / taxi ride out of the center of the city, but it's so lovely you won't mind.

The place is recently decorated and the rooms are super stylish and comfortable. I simply loved my room that was decorated with black and purple and would've loved to stay longer.

Breakfast is served in a small lounge / breakfast room and it's continental style. Perhaps not my favourite, but there is variety and with a little extra payment you can also get a cooked breakfast.

The service is super kind and friendly, right from the moment you book your stay. I was contacted a few times about the details of my arrival, and when I finally got to the hotel, I was made to feel right at home. Helene gave me the tour of the place and marked all kinds of places of interest on a map for me.

Hotel One Hundred is for you, if you love a chic little family-run boutique hotel with a heart. It's within walking distance (when you're not hauling your luggage around, take the taxi from the bus station / railway station when you arrive, it'll cost you about 7 pounds) and if you're feeling like staying in your room for an evening, there's also loads of restaurants with take-away services nearby.

If I ever return to Cardiff (and I certainly wish I will!), I will not even consider any other place for staying the nights.

Room Tip: There is no lift in the hotel. So if you're traveling with a lot of luggage, ask for a ground fl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing such a delightful review. It sounds as though you had such an enjoyable stay in Cardiff. I'm glad you liked our communal areas where we do encourage guests to relax in. Hope to see you again @ Hotel 100 ;)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights. When we arrived we were given a map of Cardiff along with many recommendations of where to eat and where to visit. We were able to park our car and leave it in the secure carpark all weekend which not only saved us a lot of money in parking but also gave us piece of mind.

Our room was very spacious and bright with a folder full of local visitor attractions. The hotel itself is a lovely size, only 7 rooms so it’s not too busy and very quiet. We weren’t disturbed by other guests at all over the weekend. You get a key to the front door and the code for the inside door so you can come and go as you please.

The breakfast was delicious. A whole table full of bread, croissants, pastries, cereals and yoghurts. There are cooked breakfasts available but we didn’t feel the need as the selection available was more than enough.

The hotel is close to the city centre, about 15-20 minute walk and easy to find your way back to. If we’re ever in Cardiff we’ll definitely book here again. Such a friendly hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelonehundred, Owner at Hotel One Hundred, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for leaving such an informative review. We do our best to give guests as much knowledge of Cardiff before they set off for the day to explore city. We are happy you felt welcome and we would love to see you again in the future.
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at Hotel One Hundred. The decor is modern, fresh and very stylish. The room was gorgeous and even had a small decked seating area outside. The staff were so friendly and helpful - very personable indeed. We just felt at home from the minute we stepped through the door.

Breakfast was included - continental - and was lovely. A cooked breakfast option, and a smoked salmon option was available for an extra £5 but the continental option was more than good enough.

Good Wi-Fi signal available for free. Lovely lounge area available for guests to use. I really cannot fault this hotel. And it is just a simple 20 minute walk into Cardiff centre. We paid £90 for the night (and it was a busy weekend when most hotels had no availability) which seemed very reasonable for the quality we got.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Gareth, Thank you for your review. I'm happy you felt you had a good stay at a reasonable price. Hoping to welcome you back in the future ;)

Been to Hotel One Hundred? Share your experiences!