“Great city centre hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Meridian Gate, Bute Terrace, Cardiff CF10 2FL, Wales (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
gloucester
“Great city centre hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night to attend a concert. I booked a business class room but was. Very happy to receive a free upgrade to a junior suite. We arrived at the hotel at 1 pm to drop off our luggage but was pleased to find our room was already ready. The junior suites are on the highest floors and have great views of cardiff bay and the city.The room was large with a sitting area and two flat screen Tv s.The rooms contain everything you need from good quality toiletries, dressing gowns , iron and hair dryer. we couldn't work out how to use the coffee maker but housekeeping soon came and sorted that. Breakfast is a buffet and was very good quality and one of the best hotel breakfasts ive had for a while. The best thing about this hotel is the excellent location . It is only a five minute walk from the station and opposite John Lewis and all the shops and restaurants. I will definitely book this hotel again if staying in Cardiff as I couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Worth trying for an upgrade
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I am so pleased we were able to offer you a free upgrade to a Junior Suite with a stunning view of Cardiff. I am also pleased you enjoyed the room and the many amenities provided. Our Super Breakfast buffet is something we are very proud of and you comments are so great to read.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon next time you are in Cardiff.

Jens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked our trip at short notice and got a special deal so we were a little apprehensive about what the hotel might be like. We were not disappointed. The location was fantastic, right in the centre of the city. Our room was on the 16th floor and had fantastic views over Cardiff. It was £15 to put our car in the hotel car park which was a bit of a shock so worth noting this if you bring your own vehicle.
We have a one year old baby and had asked for a travel cot to be put in the room. Disappointedly it wasn't there when we arrived but one was sent up to us within an hour. Although the room was a business room, it wasn't very spacious. Also housekeeping had missed some crumbs on the armchair. It's never nice to brush away somebody else's left overs. The ensuite was spacious And the shower and complimentary toiletries more than satisfactory.
One of the perks of booking a business room was that it came with its own coffee espresso machine. Unfortunately the instructions provided referred to different machine and we could not get this want to work. The minibar was also empty. I know this is the policy in some hotels but I always like to see a full fridge.
As it was a bank holiday weekend the Hotel was very busy. There was some noise late at night when revellers returned from a night out but all in all we had a good night's sleep. The bed and pillows were firm and comfortable.
Breakfast was served buffet style. As usual this meant that some of the food was quite congealed, But mainly it was of above average quality. The sausages in particular were very good But the scrambled eggs left a lot to be desired. However the staff was very helpful and washed our baby's bottles and breakfast proved to be pleasant.
Despite the fact that the hotel was very busy we had no problems with checkout and were dealt with promptly and efficiently. Note, there is no step free access from the car park to the hotel so be prepared for stairs. Not ideal for those with lots of luggage or prams!
To sum up we had a pleasant time at the Radisson Blu in Cardiff. While the standards were not perfect, our stay was trouble-free. If housekeeping was improved I would certainly have added another star to this review. However purely for the location, I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted you chose to stay with us on short notice and that you also appreciated the excellent views we get from our rooms. I am though disappointed to read your comment on not having a travel cot provided on arrival. Though I am please one was provided soon after and I hope this did not cause too much inconvenience. I am surprised about your comment on the quality of your room. Our housekeeping team work to the highest standards and I will be discussing your review with them to insure standards remain high.

I understand your comments on the espresso machine and mini fridge. Our staff are always on hand to help when ever needed and they would be more than happy to show you how to operate the espresso machine. It is always pleasing to know a guest have had a good night’s sleep, enjoying a comfortable bed.

We are very proud of our Super Breakfast Buffet with the quality and variety on offer. I am also pleased our staff were able to assist you with your baby’s breakfast and I hope you had an enjoyable start to the day.

Thank you for your very detailed review and I will be discussing improvement with my staff based on your review. I hope to see you again at the hotel and thank you for being happy to recommend us to friends and family.

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in April 2013. Junior Suite on the 21st floor. Large room with good amenities. Plenty of space if you were staying as a family or for a longer length of time. Fantastic views. Hotel is really central with city shops, bars and restaurant on the doorstep. Staff were polite and the main entrance of the hotel is impressive. We were surprised to discover that there were no ice machines on each floor or any floor at all, even though our room had an ice bucket?. When we rang reception they did not seem to understand what we were asking for. Also we did find that some items of the junior suite were a little tatty, dusty shelves etc and the bathroom a little small, Would have been better off booking a business class room. Room service breakfast was surpurb.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room, views are fantastic
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing us a review. I am pleased you appreciated the space offered in your Junior Suite. You also make a good point about the space being suited to family guests. I am also glad you enjoyed the fantastic view from your room. It really is stunning.

Our location is ideal for the city centre with main shopping areas, restaurants and nightlife only a short walk away. I hope not too much inconvenience was caused when you required ice for your room. We will review and improve this service.

I am also concerned with you comment on the standard of your room. We take maintenance of our rooms seriously, so your feedback is important to us. I will discuss you points with my staff to improve the quality of our service. I am though delighted to read you enjoyed a superb room service breakfast.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fabntastic location and all the comfort you'd expect of a Radisson Blu. Located just on the edge of the city centre and a short walk from the railway ststion, its ideal for business or tourists.

The Italian restaurant is excellent, although there's sop much choice in the city, it would almost be a shame to eat in the hotel.

Bar prices are a little steep, but nothing extraordinary for this class of hotel in a major city.

Room Tip: The higher you are, the better the views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the view from your room. It really is stunning day and night. We are also so fortunate to have such a great city centre location. As you say, only a short walk.

Our Super Breakfast Buffet is hugely popular with our guest as you can see with many of our other TripAdvisor reviews. We understand everyone has a different preference so a wide selection to cater for everyone is a must. It is so great to read you appreciated the value for money of your room. We focus on offering something special without having to break the bank.

You also make an important comment about noise levels. We work hard to insure all guest have a pleasant, quiet, relaxing stay and it is wonderful to read this was your experience.

I hope to see you again soon.

Wiltshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the night to attend a concert at the Motorpoint Arena (very close by). The room was very large, clean and comfortable. After the concert we visited the hotel bar but found the prices rather high. The breakfast buffet was excellent, everything you could wish for - full English, a range of fruit, pastries, breads, cheese and cold meats. All the staff were exremely polite and helpful. A very enjoyable stay. The only downside was that, on arrival, we found that the hotel car park was full and had to pay to park in the car park opposite - we had a great deal of difficulty gaining entry to this car park on a Sunday morning as the main entrance is through a shop which doesn't open until 10 am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are a popular choice for people attending the nearby Motorpoint Arena. Thank you for appreciating the space offered in your room. I understand your comment on the bar prices. We do work to provide competitive city centre bar prices that offer guests a place to relax and socialise within the hotel.

I’m glad you enjoyed our Super Breakfast Buffet and the quality selection on offer. Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff. They will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you for your review and I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Ireland, Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I really liked our stay here. We got the business package and the room was lovely. The view from the room was amazing. Within walking distance to the city and across from John Lewis. The staff were all very friendly and the rooms lovely and clean.

The Radisson breakfast buffet certainly does not disappoint and I really recommend it. The selection was very, very extensive and they even catered for vegitarians. The business deal was great value for money and I enjoyed the bug room, free movies and little luxuries. It really made me what to use Radisson a lot more. Ignore the noisey room issues...I thought it was very quiet.

If you are going to need parking I would suggest the John Lewis store as the Radisson one seemed to be always occupied.

Room Tip: 17th Floor or above.
St Mary Bourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Radisson Blu have established a great brand (in my opinion) and the rooms in Cardiff do not let it down. The gym though borders on the pathetic, 4 bits of CV kit, and guess what both mornings they were all occupied! Parking is very convenient but pricey at £15.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking at the areas of our hotel and service that we can improve. I understand your comments and they will be discussed with my staff.

Jens

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff? Share your experiences!