“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

You added Meridian Terrace Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Meridian Terrace Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Bute Terrace, Cardiff CF10 2FE, Wales   |
Ranked #16 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Cardiff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Thurles, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for the jubilee weekend. Apartments are excellent value for money ! Fully fitted kitchen, underfloor heating, separate bedroom, great value for money. flight wasn't till 7 on the Monday evening and staff let us store luggage away till we needed to get our train. great location, near bars, shops, etc,

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a 5 night stay in the studio apartment. Went prepared having read the previous reviews - so wasn't too shocked at the low standard of cleanliness in the apartment.
I put a pillow on the sofa while clearing something on the bed, and the pillow came away black/brown with dust/dirt!! So ended up laying newspapers on the back of and the seat of the sofa during our stay as I didnt want to get our clothes dirty too! The floor was unswept and was thick with dirt. The rug was a complete disgrace, it was caked with dust and dirt. The washbasin doesnt drain very well so had a lot of dried muck in it. Some of the towels had a layer of dust/dirt on them, maybe because they had not been replaced every time the apartment is turned over (i.e. probably the obviously used crumpled towels only get cleaned - any that have been left folded are probably kept untouched (but dirty!) for the next occupant). The bed linen didnt look too clean either, but we decided to ignore and make do with it as we werent sure if the replacements would be any cleaner.

Make sure you take enough loo roll (as they only leave a half used one to tide you over till you get your own).

However, apart from these cleanliness issues, the apartment itself is nicely laid out and furnished, has good facilities (dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, cooker,oven, waste disposal etc), and is in a superb location. We werent disturbed by the noise of the trains because a) we kept the windows closed as it was cold anyway b) we were on the 7th floor c) we were on the Radisson Blu side rather than the side backing on to the tracks.
We found the reception was always manned (even on a Sunday evening) and the staff were generally quite friendly/helpful.
Parking- cheap parking can be found at the Pellet Street NCP car park, about 3-4 mins walk from the apartment.
If I were to stay here again, I would take my own towels (and supplies of loo roll), plenty of wet wipes to get rid of the dust caked on the furniture. Also be prepared to sweep the floor and clean the crockery and cutlery (run the dishwasher) before using them.
Apart from the very low standard of housekeeping, I would probably still stay there again, purely because of the great central location - but not before checking out the price of the competition (Radisson, the Marriott or other serviced apartments).

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor and facing John Lewis/Radisson Blu are quieter. Take enough loo roll. Be pre...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a two night minimum block of apartments, in the city centre beside the Radisson Blu. We originally booked a two bed apartment for a 6-nations rugby weekend, which the managing agents changed with our permission to two one bed apartments. It is worth noting that the bedrooms have a small double bed (I am not sure whether you can specify two single beds). With a separate living room and well equipped kitchen, it works very well if you are likely to spend any period of time in the apartment. It is very near the railway station, but there is no parking although an NCP is nearby (£5 per 24 hours). So despite a rocky mattress, train noise from the neighbouring tracks (we were on the sixth floor), and generally poor housekeeping standards, the end result still proved to be very satisfactory.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am restricted to a corporate reservation system when booking my business travel so when this one bed room apartment came up for less than most hotels in Cardiff I snapped it up.

I was not disappointed when I opened the door to find a large open plan living room/diner with an attached kitchen and an equally large bedroom. Whilst this kind of place does not have an onsite restaurant, that is no problem when you have dozens of eating places behind the John Lewis store opposite.

It was nice to have a real balcony to step on to, but you have to bear with occasional train braking from Cardiff Central next door - shutting the door minimises that - but it was a shame not to have it open for longer on a warm evening.

I really liked my apartment, it felt modern, open and a place to really switch off after a day of travel and meetings.

Reception was a bit weak on the welcome, pretty much handing you a key and pointing to the elevator. It is more of a 'self-serviced' place than 'serviced' but it compensates for this with great apartments - after all, reception for me is a place to collect my key and pay my bill.

There is a Tesco Express 200 metres away if you want to stock up the fridge if you're staying more than a few days, but I wouldn't bother if its just an overnight stay - perhaps a few things for breakfast to make things a bit easier of a blurry morning.

I rate this place - just book a high floor to block out the trains.

Room Tip: Choose street facing and high up to avoid any noise from nearby railway station - don't be put o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manchester England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have used the Meridian apartments for the last 3 years to visit family over the Christmas period for a couple of nights. The apartments are centrally located opposite John Lewis. The apartments are fairly well appointed.

However this time we were disappointed with the standard of cleanliness as the floor was dirty particularly under the sofa and chairs, the sofa itself was full of bits under the cushions and had not been cleaned for quite a while.

In addition there are a few basics items that are not provided in the apartment that you need to be aware of :-

No hairdryer and none available to borrow at reception!
no CD/DVD player
no bath/shower gel provided
only 1/2 a toilet roll provided - so take your own

Kitchen:-
dishwasher tablet provided but no fairy liquid sachet for small amount of pots
no tea towel
no potaoto peeler

Given the favourable location of the apartments it is a shame that the attention to detail is lacking as these could be the perfect place to stay in Cardiff if you want the option of self catering

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights at these apartments in autumn 2012.They were clean,smart and have a great central location.However they do have a downside if you experience any problems or wish to make enquiries as they do not have a reception worth talking about.I arrived after 5PM and only got access to my pre-booked apartment because another visitor opened the safe so I could get my key. When I left behind some personal possessions by mistake I e-mailed the company to check if the cleaners had found them but I am still waiting for a reply three months later.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Meridian Terrace Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!