“nice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Cardiff

You added Village Urban Resort Cardiff to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Cardiff
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Pendwyallt Road | Coryton, Cardiff CF14 7EF, Wales (Formerly De Vere Village Cardiff)   |
Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

very nice room! very modern looking big tv, comfy bed.. and the bathroom was very nice too! all in all very happy with this hotel! staff were very helpful and happy. we didnt use the pool but we did go have a look and that looks very good too

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Oxford, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a large hotel with a great vibe and atmosphere. The staff are really friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We had booked a family room which was really spacious, bright, clean and comfortable. There is a starbucks in reception, a pub on site and a really lovely restaurant. The biggest selling point was the leisure facilities. They have a really good and large swimming pool, sauna and excellent gym facilities. There is also a wonderful spa that I took full advantage of. The hotel is just off the M4 about 5 miles from the city centre. We chose this hotel for our base as my husband and son where going to a football match and I wanted to be pampered. It was perfect. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

2nd year we have attended a christmas party here. Cannot fault the Christmas parties - food hot, good disco, good tribute act. Tip to anyone attending a function here - the drinks are cheaper in the victory pub than at the function bar (£18 for a bottle of wine in the victory compared to £20-£22 in the function bar for the same bottle!!).

Rooms are clean, showers could do with a bit more pressure.

Swimming pool was freezing cold along with the jacuzzi which was attached to it. The jacuzzi which was seperate was a lot warmer.

Breakfast - standard breakfast in a hotel and was included in our room rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited this hotel twice during December , the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, Starbucks in the foyer is handy. The overall impression was a clean well managed establishment with good gym and spa facilities in a handy location, close to junction of M4 .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Rooms are OK
location OK
food OK
starbucks in reception is handy!
Room service was fairly quick
Rooms could have been cleaner!
Breakfast is buffet style and quite adequate but some items had been standing quite a long time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
West Midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the village on the 23rd December, I was visiting family. First the positives, the gym and pool were great. The food in the bar was good value, and for the price (£9.99) good quality. The breakfast was good, but for some reason the hotel does not serve it until 830am?!! BUT, when I booked in I explained that I could hear the noise from the bar in my room (it was 6pm at this time) and I was aware there would be lots of xmas parties going on, and that I would be staying in for an early night as I had an early start. I explained I was worried that my room was right above the bar and function room, and asked if I could be moved to a higher room, or one on the quiet side of the hotel. I was told by the reception staff that that would mean an 'upper deck' room and would cost an extra £15. I explained I did not want a fancier room just a quiet one. I was then told that the disco would be finished by 11am. So I went to bed, and guess what...2.30am the disco was stil going. The worst nights sleep I've ever had! I am disappointed that the hotel tried to sting me for an upgrade rather than move me to a quieter room and accomodate what I think was a reasonable request.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay here.

I felt it was overpriced. It is not any better than a Holiday Inn.

Positives:
- breakfast was very good
- swimming pool/gym facilities really good

Negatives:
- room was not good for the price, like a travelodge room. tv was not HD. a bit smelly.
- location is not convenient for cardiff centre
- service in the verve restaraunt was terrible. All three tables around us made complaints about various things, we didn't complain but we were unhappy that there was a 30 min wait between starter and main course, plus the dishes didn't match the menu exactly (e.g. peas not mushy peas, rice not couscous)

If I could go back in time I would have stayed at one of the hotels in Cardiff Bay, that area seems good for access and has plenty of walkable restaurants and attractions, plus 3 pound for the family into cardiff centre via the park and ride.

It wasnt terrible, but it wasn't value for money either.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Village Urban Resort Cardiff? Share your experiences!