“Amazing location, delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pillars Restaurant

Pillars Restaurant
29 Queen Street, Cardiff CF10 2PB, Wales (City Centre)
02920395074
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #481 of 907 Restaurants in Cardiff
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing location, delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Located right in the middle of the cardiff city center, the restaurant has amazing breakfast options. There are heaps of freshly baked breads, garden salads and a vast variety of english breakfast varities. Fresh and hygienically made food, the food is served hot and promptly. But just that this place can be a bit over crowded during lunch time and on weekends. Not exactly price friendly could be a bit expensive if compared to other options. But a quick easy place to pop into while ur shopping at the city center esp during the winter months and xmas shopping sprees!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Not good value for money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited Pillars for lunch after being told that it had a great menu and was good value for money. It wasn't good value and I will not be going again.

I had a chicken curry with chips. It was ok but a microwave meal would have been higher quality.

The staff were appallingly rude. I was honestly shocked. It honestly felt like we were being herded through so they could squeeze more people in.

I understand that one of the toilets was out of order, 27 people in a queue to use the toilet is never acceptable. This was a busy Saturday in Cardiff and it was clear that Pillars would be busy.

The one good thing was that there was a lot of choice on the menu.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wales
“Great Place !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Have read the reviews of Rosebudkin, Daenelle and Zippy, which are unfair and far from the truth.

Pillars in Queen St. Cardiff offers an excellent menu on premises that always seem to have a spare table. I go there on rugby international days, and last Saturday enjoyed a freshly cooked plate of cod peas and chips together with a large glass of white wine, and all for £9.17. The restaurant is well staffed by a group of very courteous and helpful people, and the manager is hands on and helps with the clearance of tables. The place is spotless, and the self service counter is nicely laid out with a choice of food that would be difficult to find elsewhere in Cardiff for three times the price. The check out is manned by two staff, so there is no waiting to cause your food going cold.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've never been here before ,so after seeing the menu up on the street I thought my daughter and i would give it a go. I wish we hadn't - dingy dump- ( I should have left then ) I ordered chicken and chips and cod and chips (£9.95) - and 2 soft drinks. Mine looked ok,we were given a receipt for the cod and had to wait over 10 mins for it,the drinks were flat . So I start on the chicken- needed a saw ! Tough as old boots,not piping hot- not sure they keep their hot plates at the recommended temp!! The chips were hard and cold,omg awful.didnt eat any of it! My daughter said hers was ok( when she got it ) I will definitely NOT be returning .

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Quick Brunch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Afternoon Brunch. Myself, an all day breakfast and my girlfriend a cheese and ham toastie with chips. Breakfast was rather small but expected given the price. However the toastie and chips was overpriced. I rather enjoyed my meal but I was very hungry. The toastie was good... for a toastie and chips were lovely. Food was very quick however the service is rather like a hospital cafe or an IKEA cafe. There is no real interaction with staff. We paid, had our food, ate and left without any concern from the staff to how our food and time was at the restaurant. MY girlfriend had a Regular Latte, very nice and good size at a very good price.

• Visited October 2013