I stayed at century wharf for the second time last weekend and found it to be a brilliant (and surprisingly cheaper) alternative to hotel accommodation.
My partner and his colleagues were working in Cardiff over the weekend so I tagged along and made use of the apartment whilst they worked. We booked a studio apartment which was spacious and well equipped. The last time we were there we received a free upgrade to a one bedroom apartment however there were none available this time but we found the studio did exactly what we needed it to and I probably wouldn't pay for the 1 bed when the studio was so good. The apartment we were in could benefit from some decorating however it was clean, the paintwork and carpets just really needed a bit of a freshen up. The aircon was also incredibly difficult to work out, we got there eventually though! :)
The apartments are a nice short walk to Mermaid Quay in Cardiff bay and so were in good staggering distance on Friday night after a few drinks.
People have mentioned on here that check in is a bit of a pain and I would agree with this but I think you have to understand that these are serviced apartments and not a hotel so there is no front desk as you would find in a hotel. The guy who checked us in was lovely and made sure we had all his details in case we needed him during our stay.
All in all I enjoyed our stay and would use acityabode again, especially when travelling for prolonged periods on business!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The acityabode serviced apartments are located in a beautifully landscaped gated community called Century Wharf. The complex boasts an on site Concierge, a large indoor heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, changing rooms and a gym featuring a variety of cardio and weight machines. The apartments offered range from Studio, One Bedroom and Two Bedrooms with either a Standard or Superior rating. The Superior apartments are rated as such due to offering either a balcony, a water view or simply more space for you to enjoy during your stay. Every apartment features a fully fitted kitchen with built in appliances and all the usual cooking utensils. In addition there is a flat screen TV ranging in size from a minimum of 32” up to 42” along with a DVD player in the living area for your enjoyment. Location wise Century Wharf is unparalleled for its proximity to both Cardiff Bay or the City Centre. The apartments are literally minutes away on foot from the bars and restaurants of Mermaid Quay and all the site seeing opportunities that Cardiff Bay has to offer. In turn the Millennium Stadium and the vibrant shopping complex of St Davids in the City Centre are both just a 2 minute cab ride away or a two stop bus journey which you can catch from outside the apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your acityabode Century Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acityabode Century Wharf Hotel Cardiff
- Acityabode Century Wharf Cardiff, Wales