“A little jem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff

You added Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff to your Saves list
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station Approach | Saunders Road, Cardiff CF10 1RH, Wales (City Centre)   |
Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
Pontypridd
“A little jem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Any negative reviews take with a pinch of salt.
Having stayed for two nights with my wife I can only give praise to the staff and the hotel itself.
Yes the rooms are compact but there is everything you would expect to find if you were to stay in a far more expensive hotel.
Breakfast was excellent value at £6.45 for the all you can eat buffet (continental and cooked).
With it being situated right in the centre of Cardiff it is the closest hotel to the central railway station I would recommend to anyone to stay at the sleeperz you will not be disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for a lovely review of our 'little jem'. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and than you for recommending us to others. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Felixstowe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Having booked a twin cabin room I was nevertheless surprised (and probably naive) to enter a small room with bunk beds though as it was only for single occupancy that was not a problem. However, it had all the facilities I needed in close proximity. There were two minor fixture issues (now reported) but these did not detract from the facilities. Decided to opt for the breakfast that was £2.50 cheaper if ordered in advance and proved excellent value for money. Very close to the main railway station, coach station and city centre. Although my room overlooked a main traffic area and at least two pubs/eating places I was not disturbed at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I nice to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with the quality of your stay. Our twin/cabin rooms are small as you say but have all you need for a great stay, our double rooms are bigger if you need the extra space. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed after watching a stereophonics concert, there were six of us in three separate rooms, the hotel is ideal for the city centre and the motorpoint arena is a five minute walk if that! The hotel rooms are small, granted but does it matter if being used as a base for the night? They had everything needed in them (apart from a wardrobe) and a television!

With regards to the staff as afformentioned in the title, they were a mixed bag, there was a lovely lady who tended to us (we thought she might have been a manager.) We loved the look of the fire and she kindly offered to light it for us. She spent ages doing so and the end result was great and very cosy! She offered to get us some nibbles as we were peckish but not enough to eat a full meal and some more drinks from the bar and a quick snack turned out to be a lovely evening before the gig with us missing the opening act (not that we minded.)

After arriving back from the gig we were greeted by a male European member of staff (Nuno) with the most disgusting attitude. We were told we were not allowed to eat in the lobby because he did not want to clean up after us and it spoilt the opinion we had on the other members of staff earlier in the evening. He cancelled our room cards so we had to go back down to reception to which he had said it was my fault. I was appaled. We left first thing in the morning because he had really upset me. The lovely manager was there who let us leave our luggage at the hotel while we went shopping.

Overall, a pleasant experience... depending on who is working!

Room Tip: All rooms are small but ask to be put in a big room and they will sort it out.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you had a mixed experience at the hotel but I am glad to hear that overall you had a good time. I understand that our Assistant General Manager has spoken to you and explained that there may have been a misunderstanding with the night staff. Re the no TV in the room, I am not sure you meant to write that as all our rooms have large flat screen TVs on the wall. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Orpington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Got this hotel as a mystery budget price pick on lastminute.com for £43 for one night. I was a little bit anxious about the choice but i need'nt have worried. The young receptionist was delightful and the room was modern and well equipped particularly the bathroom albeit a little small. Lighting was modern and the room had a good sized flatscreen tv. I couldnt fault the room which overlooked the square outside Cardiff Central station. The breakfast the following morning was comprehensive and good quality. All in all i would not hesitate to stay again or recommend it to others

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Loved this hotel...looking forward to staying there again next week! Great rooms, yes they're small but are designed in such a fun way that you enjoy discovering the great use of space. Great views from the fourth floor of the square outside the station from the full length window. One of the friendliest and informative receptionists I've ever had! Enthusiastic and warm welcome after a seven hour rail journey was a rare treat. Great value and great location (2 minutes from station). Very nice stay.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms I'd imagine face over the railway track of Cardiff Central, ask for a city vie...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for saying such kind words about the team at Sleeperz. They are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Staying a double room, brought some friends back to have some drinks, but because it was after 11pm they were refused entry into the building. Making a fuss to the night staff, who were very irate and unprofessional, asking them to provide me with reason as to why I was not allowed company between 11pm and 7am, to which they replied ''we don't have to show you proof'' (they were fobbing off saying it was against fire regulation). They then called the police because I was pulling their argument apart and they had nothing else to say. - If it were against fire regulation, then during daytime hours, the same rules would apply, which they don't, as they are fabricated. Staff on duty day and night are eastern-european with non-fluent english.

A male member of staff was looked very untidy and reaked of stale smoke was very rude to my friend, raising his hand to his face saying he wouldn't speak to him as he wasn't staying in the hotel.
The next day we were locked out of our rooms because reception wanted to 'remind us' that no non-paying guests are allowed in the hotel after 11pm. (Don't plan of getting lucky). - Our room keycards had been disabled so we had to go to reception to be kindly reminded of these [--] rules, and as a dental surgeon, its been a long time since I've been treated to feel like a petulant child. After I was reminded, it occurred to me, what if I had medication in my room i.e. an epi-pen, insulin or an asthma inhaler, that was locked in my room that I had pre-paid for?

I had come to terms with how woefully the hotel treated us, but writing this review has infuriated me once more.

Final thing to add was that we had mould growing on our bedroom wall that was ideally located next to our bath towels. Bath towels aptly named considering there was no bath, nor shower per say, merely a wet room, that was clearly jerry built as in indentation into the bedroom space, with the bed extending head first away from the wet room.

If you intend to complain about your stay though, don't bother, there is no dedicated complaints service, nor contact details, and the only email addresses provided as points of contact are for PR purposes. I emailed all the email addresses I found, and received no reply (probably because I was criticising the hotel, and asking for compensation as I am entitled to under consumer rights law).

I shall never be staying at Sleeperz Hotel, Cardiff again, and I personally feel the hotel is a skid mark on the underwear of a fantastic cultural capital city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We rarely disagree so fundamentally with a guest. We received your email and within 2 days had investigated and replied to you in great detail. Your behavior was so bad at 4am, arguing, bullying and abusing our staff that we called the police. You had pre planned to bring additional friends to your room, sneaking in their luggage and an inflatable bed and are simply being vindictive. As you will have read in the many other reviews that we get, we offer great levels of service and friendliness and will always aim to please resulting in a TripAdvisor certificate of excellence award, clearly this review is so far from the norm that we have responded in this forthright manner to protect the reputation of our hotel, our staff and our company.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for one night to meet my daughter who is at uni in Pontypridd. Paid less than £50 for a twin. On arrival the staff were very welcoming and it is a brilliant position next to station.
Room was actually bunks and very small, the first step to the top bunk was missing which was ok going up, not so good coming down.
Room was very hot and air conditioning only stayed on for 5 minutes. Light for bottom bunk hanging by wire and didn't want to try it. Top bunk light the bulb was out.
Bathroom was fine and met our needs.
Hotel was functional, did not have breakfast as we went to a wether spoons over the road. Staff happy to put luggage behind the reception.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we messed up with the details, we always have spare bulbs so could have easily changed the bulb and fixed the damaged fitting,once again apologies, we should had everything sorted before you checked in. I am not aware of any issues with the air conditioning, but again we have a master controller and could have rectified any error, however I can not find a record of any concerns being raised. Our twin rooms have bunk beds but our main room styles are double rooms and superior double rooms, looking through our records it looks like you specified a twin/cabin room. It is always best to let us know if you have any concerns during your stay and we will do our utmost to fix them. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Been to Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff? Share your experiences!