“quiet & secure apartment within easy walking distance of Cardiff Bay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A Space in the City - Century Wharf

You added A Space in the City - Century Wharf to your Saves list
A Space in the City - Century Wharf
Dumballs Road, Cardiff CF10 5NG, Wales   |
Wendover, United Kingdom
“quiet & secure apartment within easy walking distance of Cardiff Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

a great family location for visit to all the facilities of the bay plus easy boat trip up to castle or stadium / shopping etc, a gated development which felt very secure - nice & quiet if you want to avoid the late noise of a hotel room plus ten times the space !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Picked the worst weather in a bad March, but thanks to the warm, comfortable, light and spacious studio apartment, we had a great few days. Cardiff is a fantastic location for a city break. We'll return in better weather, and stay in Century Wharf again!

• Stayed March 2013

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed for two nights in a 1 bed apartment. Large lounge , seperate kitchen of very good quality, Large bedroom and nicely fitted bathroom. Both bedroom and lounge had tv. I was sure the website said a music system would be there but there was not which was a shame.
Very good service from all the staff from booking through to meeting us on arival
Much better value than a hotel and would use them again whenever possible Well done Spaceinthecity !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arranged an early arrival of 1200 am for an extra £20, which gave us an extra few hours to enjoy the City and prepare for the Wales v England match on 16 March ( we are England supporters). Century Wharf is a group of apartments within a larger fenced enclave with good security guards. We were met by an efficient but very busy young lady who moved us into the Apt and answered our questions. The Apt was very good and clean with modern utilities and a chilled-out decor. We stayed at 23 Faro also, and agree with P Loranki that the bed is noisy but i guess the permanent neighbours are used to it by now :0) The overall location of the Century Wharf is ideal being 10 mins walk from the Cardiff docks redevelopment shops and cafes, and Red dragon millennium centre. It also only took 20 mins to walk in to the City centre along the pleasant Taff Trail riverside path (st Davids Mall is awesome). The gym and pool facilities were great, well maintained, very clean and relaxing. The overall cost made me twitch at first but given the overall facilities and lots of credit points with Mrs W, we would certainly come back...just a shame about the Rugby result. G Wiseman

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor which meant no seagulls barking on the roof.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was on a business in March this year in Cardiff and looked for a comfortable accomodation. In the internet I found this location and I was astonished that the decription and the photos didn't lie.The appartment was fully firnished and I found everything I need for living like in my own home. The personal was very kind and hekpfull to make my internet access running.
Allthough the loaction is not very close to the the city center there are lot of shops and restaurants nearby at Century Warf. Must be great in summer. I didn't use the SPA in the same house but I think it has the same quality as the appartment.
Whenever coming back to Cardiff I would stay again here. The best accomodation I had in the last years on my business trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City - Century Wharf, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thomas, we are really happy that you found the accomodation to your satisfaction and hope that your work project went well while you were here.

If you do come back to Cardiff for work or leisure and choose to stay at Century Wharf again you can if you wish catch the bus outside Century Wharf to the City centre which will take about 5 minutes or a taxi would cost about £6.

If there's anything more we could do to make your next stay even better please let us know.
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a great time staying in one of your apartments and hopefully will be back to cardiff and I will bring my parents and stay at century wharf again. However if you could change the bed in the 23 faro, that would be perfect! It was just too noisy..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my first time booking an apartment, and was a little apprehensive about checking in (its not a hotel, with reception area and things)
It was easy, and clear information was sent to me with my confirmation. I was met by Stacey who made everything so clear.
My apartment was outstanding! Large, clean and with a small balcony. I had to keep checking my bill was correct- it's incredible value for the space you get compared to a hotel room.
I will always try to find an apartment when I am travelling- and have already told all my friends.

Room Tip: Balcony is defo worth asking for.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to A Space in the City - Century Wharf? Share your experiences!