“Great food, good atmoshere!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
bridgend
“Great food, good atmoshere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Haven't been to the Harvester for a while, however each time I have been I have enjoyed the visit. The food is excellent and friendly staff. I do tend to overfill my plate from the salad cart, before the main meal! Parking is good

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

llantrisant
“don,t expect too much from here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Last visit was not up to their usual standard, service,food and general atmosphere has been better in the past.

Visited March 2013
llantrisant
“Give it a big miss on Sunday evenings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We often eat at The Old Mill twice a month on average for a fish & chip meal,we have always found the staff pleasant and helpfull,the meals hot and the salad bar always kept replenished.
It was decided to eat here as a family birthday treat but as they do not take bookings we had to take our chances,however one of our party uses a wheelchair so we required a little more space.
Having waited 1/2 hour to called to our table we were placed next to the salad bar with constant traffic(including ill behaved unescorted children) past our table.Then things really went downhill.
1) The salad bar held only nearly empty trays and badly needed replenishing as did the bread baskets.This was eventually done with much banging of trays by a most disinterested looking staff member.
2) We had to wait a little while for our food (which was of an indifferant standard) but the 5 remaining used salad dishes were left on the table although they had been stacked by us for removal.
3) It was only after finishing our meals that the table was cleared completely.
4) Not once were we asked if our meals were satisfactory or was everything "OK"
5) Staff however were prompt in tendering our bill,and to be honest I consisered not leaving a gratuity for the first time ever.
I was very very disappointed with this visit and it will be quite a while before we will be returning again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pencoed
“Friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We regularly dine here as a family, the meals are always lovely, nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere and the salad bar is fresh and delicious ...

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Do Not be fooled by the Major Brand Name - Harvesters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

For those of you who have eaten at some Harvester venues before and like me found them more of a fast food --- factory environement. Then I would encourage you to visit the Old Meal. True it has the brand name, true it has the same menu, but that is where it stops, the food is cokked to perfection. The staff are friendly and helpful I never felt that I needed to rush my food as there were lots of other people waitin for the tabl e you were sat at.
Having eaten at quite a few Harvesters in South Wales I have found this one to be the best... Whatever the maangement are doing they are doing it right.. Thanks
Do not just take my word for it ... try it yourself.
One small complaint, the approach road has a number of large pot holes in it which really need to be avoided especially when driving on it in wet weather. Hopefully someone somewhere will read this and get them filled in.

• Visited January 2013