First things first, the staff at the George Hotel were generally friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent, the portion sizes in the restaurant enormous and the free Wi Fi was really strong, connecting easily and strongly.
However, there were a number of things about the hotel that were "not quite right": for example:
1) We found the reception and stairs area dark, unwelcoming and a little careworn.
2) There were no batteries in the TV remote control.
3) The toilet bowl in our room needed a dose of Viakal (or disinfectant).
4) The TV screen was probably the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel room.
5) The toilet and en-suite was carpeted.
6) The ceilings did not insulate the noise from the room above - every footstep could be heard.
7) The uneven floor in the bedroom was disconcerting (although it was expected given earlier reviews on Trip Advisor).
None of these items are showstoppers but, taken together, they present a picture of a hotel that could be so much better and, given the prices charged, probably should be. Because of this, the George Hotel is not one to which I would hurry back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel (Licensed) with 16 letting rooms in town location. With car parking. Smoking in designated areas. Smart casual dress for meals. Vegetarians, Children, Special Diets, Organic Products catered for. Eating outside is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Hotel Brecon
- The George Hotel Brecon, Wales