“Nice setting” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Bank bar & kitchen

The Bank bar & kitchen
37 The Watton, Brecon, Brecon Beacons National Park LD3 7EG, Wales (Formerly The Bank Wine Bar)
+44 1874 623997
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 56 Restaurants in Brecon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bank Bar and Kitchen is a newly opened Venue just off the centre of Brecon. We are open from 11:30am every day and open until Late.The Kitchen is open each day from 12 Midday until 9pm serving Fresh and Locally sourced Food. Families are welcome. We have high chairs for the little ones, and even a Baby Changing Facility.
Ludlow
“Nice setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The refurbishment of the building is really nice and the service was very friendly. The night we went many of the dishes were in available - only three desserts, no steak, no beef and various others missing. We were told there had been a rush because it was sunny but this was at 6pm on a Friday night so who knows what was being served by Sunday!

Visited June 2013

“Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Brecon for 5 nights and struggled to find a restaurant serving quality food. On our final evening we had a few pleasant drinks in The Bank. We were having such a nice time, we decided to stay for food. It was exceptional.
The 2 girls serving we're such fun and helpful. The decor was refreshing and they even had scrummy wine!
Whilst The Bank does not appear to be the traditional restaurant, I can't recommend it's food, ot friendly atmosphere highly enough.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have worked at a number hotels, and restaurants over the last 15 years as a restaurant manager, I must say that the bank wine bar certainly exceeded my expectation, the decor is fresh, with a modern feel very inviting.. The service was fantastic, was greeted as soon as we entered the building, was offered a table and drink straight away.. Was very impressed with the menu, and especially the £6.66 menu which is outstanding value for money!! The waitress could not do enough for us, We were a table of 6 half of us had the £6.66 menu and 3 of us ate of the main menu. I had the bank burger which was very very good, homemade burger, food was fresh well presented.. The whole place was very welcoming, friendly and I thought had a great atmosphere!! A real jewel in Brecon and a must visit...

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Usk, United Kingdom
“666 menu? The devil's in the detail...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Why do we write these reviews? Because we value quality and we want to know what others think.
We went to the Bank because it had 5 star reviews (admittedly only five of them) so we were justified in thinking it was worth a lunch time visit. But to call this a trip advisor 5 star wine bar is very misleading.
The head waitress gets 5 stars though. She was welcoming and cheery and immediately offered us a free drink when we pointed out that my ceaser salad had no croutons as listed. She was great.
The problem is the food...and it's a bit bereft of atmosphere with stark decor and Absolute 80's radio in the background. They do have a good lunch time offer with all items on the 666 menu for, yep, £6.66. And my wife's panini was fine (not 5 star but...it's a panini) and her chips saved my meal which I doubt the new Chef had anything to do with.
I had Ceaser salad which was a bag of super market lettuce with a bit of Parmesan and a dull dressing with slices of super market bought chicken on top (and no croutons!). I'm fine with it if I was making it myself but this is a wine bar and even at £6.66 it was well below average.
As I say; staff were lovely, reaction to minor complaint was perfect (though we'd had enough so we declined the offer of a drink...they didn't knock our drinks off the bill mind but it was a cheap meal anyway). But please don't think this place is anything other than a convenient place to have an average bite to eat, even then its only worth considering at 666 time as the rest of the menu was overpriced for what you were going to get.
Sorry The Bank...not for me I'm afraid and certainly not worthy of 5 star rating.

Visited April 2013
Builth Wells, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, Great Choice, Value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have been several times - No fuss, no frills and it won't break the bank either! Excellent menu choices with quality food. The 666 Lunch menu is amazing value. The chef was helpful and the bar/waitress was very cheerful. Can't wait for this venue to develop into what could be the best eatery in Brecon. Well done guys for your consistent quality food...

• Visited March 2013