“A true gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodhey Guest House

Woodhey Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrexham
Woodhey Guest House
You added Woodhey Guest House to your Saves list
9 Sontley Road, Wrexham LL13 7EN, Wales   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Wrexham B&B and Inns
“A true gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

I don't really want to post this, because once I have you're all going to want to stay here and it will be full when I want to go!
This place is a real gem. Such a friendly welcome to a very clean and comfortable house. My room was splendid, well decorated with a very comfortable bed. Booked as a single, but the bed is of a good size and could class as a double. Bathroom was just down the hall and of equal standard. Breakfast was splendid both days; cooked fresh to order and very filling. Plenty of parking and only a pleasant 10 minutes walk to the centre of Wrexham.
Can't wait till I'm back, will definitely be staying here whenever I'm in Wrexham from now on.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Solihull, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Have stayed with Vanessa and Nasos many times. Each time I have been made very welcome and comfortable. The rooms are wonderful the food is great. It is striking distance to the town centre. The price is very reasonable.

Hope to be back again in 2012

Room Tip: As long as you let them know your movements, they stay up to let me in when I arrive late.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011 via mobile

A very clean and lovely setting.
You couldn't ask for much more.
Lovely people and a top breakfast!
Room is lovely.
Great carpet!
Will stop here again!

• Stayed November 2011
Swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've stayed here three or four times now when I've been up in Wrexham for work and I won't go anywhere else now. It's a lovely, warm and friendly guest house. Clean and tidy, with nicely decorated rooms... and cheap! The owners couldn't be more welcoming and the breakfast is just superb. It beats me why anyone would pay three or four times the money to stay in some soul-less chain hotel when there are places like Woodhey about...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The booking process was simple and upfront. The welcome I got when I arrived was just short of jubilant. The room was tastefully decorated, very clean and comfortable. The en suite was also clean and well appointed. The owner offered to carry my bag and made sure I knew how everything worked in the room before leaving me. In the morning the owners were waiting, breakfast was fantastic and cooked to how you wanted. Nothing was too much trouble.

And what value - I paid £33 for the night including a fantastic breakfast!

I enjoyed my stay so much; I'm trying to come up with reasons to go back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We were in Wrexham for a family occasion and normally stay in Up -Market Hotels whenever we travel. This time we decided to try something different. What a find, great friendly owners, who could not do enough for you , lovely clean on-suite bedroom with all the usual amenities. The breakfast was,lets just say, better than i have ever been served at home!!! I think i had better not say much more or i will never be able to get in again, because once you find this gem you will most definatly want to go back.
WHO NEEDS 5 STAR HOTELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My two sons and a friend stayed here for just one night while doing a charity cycle ride from John O'Groats to Land End. They arrived cold and wet and very late in the evening but still received a lovely welcome, a warm comfortable room, and somewhere to dry their clothes and safely store their bikes, nothing was too much trouble. A hearty & tasty breakfast the following morning got them off to a great start the next day. First Class hospitality at its best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Woodhey Guest House? Share your experiences!