“The open fire, warm tea and welsh cakes were a welcome combination after the cold wind of the mountain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Penceunant Isaf Tea Rooms

Penceunant Isaf Tea Rooms
Snowdon Path | LL55 4UW, Llanberis, Snowdonia National Park LL55 4UW, Wales
+44 1286 872606
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Llanberis
Cuisines: Bar, Café, Tea Room, Welsh
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We serve Hot chocolate, Tea, Coffee, beer wine, and a small selection of light snacks. Open all the year round we are dog friendly and walkers can eat their own food on the premises. Taxis are arranged by request.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was one of the best pit stops that I have been to. After a hard trek up Snowdonia, we called in here not expecting too much. But the service was outstanding. Steffan was extremely friendly and told several entertaining tales. The open fire, warm tea and welsh cakes were a welcome combination after the cold wind of the mountain. Lots of camaraderie and a great atmosphere. Steffan even gave my friend a ‘love spoon’ as a gift as she had just got married. Great personable service. Would highly recommend.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“The best Hot Choclate in the world hmmmmmmmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

found this on the start of our climb up Snowden and got a glimpse of the host Steffan who directed us on our way (ok our little way up) we did our very best and then hopped back to the Tea Rooms , it was a beautiful day and this little oasis was just wat the doctor ordered, I had a Hot choclate made for me, that was heaven along with the welsh cakes , How I did not stay and sample the whole menu, I dont know, a visit to the tea rooms is worth it , even if you dont do the climb . Steffan is a diamond in the rough he flits between english and full blow welsh depending on what he's saying , he reminded me of Steve coogan /Frankie Howard he is a lover of Capital Radio (HELLO BOB) Steffan lives at the tea rooms and basically welcomes you to what must be his living room a full log burning fire , I cant emphasise how lovely and cosy this is and how welcome you felt . We cant wait to go back and listen to Steffans dulcit tones again , he told us to go through the forest route on the way down, which we did< Oh Steffan several hours later we reached the bottom ,Bonnie our Dog was caked in mud as this route was like a quag mire but beautiful xx If you are in this area treat your self to a visit to the Penceunant Isaf Tea Rooms

Sussex
“Lovely place to stop after a hard Snowdon climb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stopped here after climbing Snowdon on a rather chilly and cloudy day. We had a lovely pot of warming tea and they offered a free slice of fruity loaf bread to have with it. Service was great and there was a lovely relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“So lucky to have been here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am not surprised at all about the ratings and reviews for this place. Came here out of luck after hiking all day and had not contacted my family back home for several days. Steffan let me use the landline they had, the electricity, and the wifi to make an international call and speak with my family. He was an excellent host and a fun person to talk to. I have never been treated with such hospitality at any restaurant I have been to. The cold beer was also excellent after a long day of hiking!

If ever visiting Snowdon, COME TO THIS PLACE!

Bangor, North Wales
“Special Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This little gem is a must to visit whether you walking Snowdonia, or just taking a drive specially to sample the delights Steffan has to offer you. A great pot of tea, doesn't skimp on the tea bags! Ha! and mouthwatering Bara Brith, as good as my dear Mother used to make it. Steffan is one of the greatest hosts you will ever meet. I'm a local lady and I always look forward to visit Penceunant and try to visit regularly. It's a great social scene too.