“A nice stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Erw Fair Guesthouse

Erw Fair Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llanberis
Erw Fair Guesthouse
You added Erw Fair Guesthouse to your Saves list
High Street, Llanberis, Snowdonia National Park LL55 4HA, Wales   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Llanberis
Bath, United Kingdom
“A nice stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The accommodation was both basic and adequate. The breakfast certainly hit the spot in the morning. We found the welcome could have been a little more friendly. There was an air of curtness from the owner (maybe a "please, thank you and good morning my clients" would have been nice!)
This being said though, the standard of the accommodation and catering was like Ronseal: it did what it said on the tin. Would I stay there again? Hmmmm Probably not. I like people to say good morning to me!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Llandovery, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed at Erw Fair 6 times now with a total of probaly over 20 people. Martin the owner has always been a little quirky and come out with some rather rude comments but this has never really bothered me or my friends as we just had a laugh about it.
The last two times (a year inbetween) he has been plain rude. He was rude to my mum and her partner which really did bother me. Last week four of us stayed there after completing the Welsh three peaks and arrived very late due to some issues on the day. His wife was amazing and let us in quietly but the next morning he was beyond rude to us. I was actually shocked at how he treated us.
I regret to say I will never be staying there again nor will I recommend it again to my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Welshpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked in at Erw Fair to venture up Snowdon as it was on Roger's bucket list! We were delighted on our arrival to find our room light, airy, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We were welcomed by Martin and later met Sally we were made to feel very much at home. Breakfast had plenty of choice to suit all tastes and the cooked breakfast was exceptionally good and cooked to perfection. We also ordered a packed lunch which was excellent and very good value for money with far more in it than we expected it certainly kept us going up the mountain! We would definately stay here again. Martin and Sally made our holiday perfect thank you both very much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bedford, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just went up to Llanberis this weekend so we could climb a mountain. Booked the Erw Fair as they had one room remaining. Can I say that some of the negative comments on here about Martin, the owner, are really unfair. We had a very charming welcome, despite the fact we arrived very, very late in the evening. The room was very clean and welcoming. We had a shared bathroom and it was fine. The breakfast is substantial, very high quality ingredients. Brilliant value for money. I would recommend this fully to anyone staying in the Llanberis area. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

As a group of 5 young people (aged 17-21) (1 female & 4 males) we planned to camp at a local campsite but the day we chose to go we had 50mph gale force winds, no chance for putting a tent up. We drove around Llamberis for around half an hour being turned away from B&B's and guest House's even one's with vacancies, not sure why... maybe our group size, our ages or our accents.
Then we stopped at the local Spar shop to get some food and we noticed Erw Fair Guest House right next door my Partner went to speak to the owners explained what we needed (4/5 beds for 2 nights) and they were more then happy to help.
Martin and Sally were extremely polite and helpful, with lovely personalities. They have good local knowledge and helped us all they could.
Breakfast was lovely a choice of cooked or continental, I had a bit of both. :)
The rooms were clean and well presented and had a well stocked tea making area and a sink which I used to make lots of tea's for the boys and hot chocolate's for me.
I could not recommend this place more the service was excellent, the accommodation was lovely and they owners are superb.
Oh and lets not forget the two stars for Erw Fair guest house, Henry and Jack the sweetest little kittie's I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

My partner and I were so impressed we are planning another trip for the late summer....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rock Ferry, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Comfortable and clean and most of all very welcoming. Not just when we arrived but throughout our whole visit. Sally and Martin made us feel very at home and the breakfasts were lovely. I normally go to Llanberis once a year and it's nice to have found somewhere to return back to. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We had an ensuite room but the bathrooms serving the non ensuite rooms looked great too. The ensuite...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Loved this place! Drove my crappy 1988 Volkswagen Jetta there in 2004, with some friends from a walking club I was in, that car was so bad; I enjoyed the banter with Martin, he was so right! - it blew a heater hose at the top of the Pen-Y-Pass but my McGyver skills and a cold journey back to Limerick, Ireland got us home..my more upmarket 1999 Honda Cr-V brought me and my wife back there in late September 2011 on our way back from a great UK driving holiday, and I plan to steer that same CR-V there again late this year with a friend - we want to do some walking in Snowdonia again. Only for the Persian cat I remembered back in '04 I would never have remembered the place when re-booking in 2011! Martin and Sally are truly genuine hosts, I look forward to meeting up and having the craic again, the breakfasts/packed lunches were great, and they were so homely. Martin even insisted on us taking an umbrella when we were going out to the restaurant one evening as it looked like rain - this is a great place to explore Snowdonia from, I was glad to ditch the CR-V and take the Snowdon Sherpa bus from across the road, for only a couple of quid it takes you to Pen-y-pass car park where the best Snowdon walks start, this car park fills up so quickly and costs over a tenner, so having this bus service so near Erw Fair is a big plus. Also I clocked the journey from here to Holyhead at only 38 miles/50 minutes approx so it should be a big draw for other Irish visiting here. Looking forward to seeing you again Martin/Sally, regards Peter H, Limerick.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Erw Fair Guesthouse? Share your experiences!