Myself and my husband stayed here for a mid week break for 2 nights prior to our anniversary, having stayed in Llanberis before we knew we loved the area. We had seen the Royal Victoria on our last visit and wanted something a bit 'special' for this trip.
On arrival we were pleased with the hotel, the staff were friendly and our room was basic but fine with tea and coffee facilities (no biscuits) comfy double bed ( although 2 singles pushed
together) TV, hair dryer & shower/bathroom. The hot and cold taps needed running for a long time to adjust as they both ran hot to begin with. The room was very hot at night despite the fan provided. A ceiling collapsed in a room causing the fire alarm to go off so we all had to evacuate whilst the fire brigade checked the hotel- there was little communication during this time and no apology / reassurance following it.
Our toilet seat broke the first night, and we were offered a complimentary bottle of wine for the inconvenience and the seat was fixed the next day.
We ate in the bar the first night (alot of the menu was not available, neither were the drinks we wanted as sold out) the Thai curry was amazing! as was the Cumberland sausage, we ate there the second night and the contrast couldn't have been more different, our food took ages (the staff apologised as the order hadn't printed through to the kitchen) when it arrived the roast turkey had watery vegetables and plastic wafer thin turkey and the pizza wasn't hot or cooked and looked raw and very un appetising we sent the pizza back and the bar staff had the attitude of 'not being surprised' we exchanged it for the gammon which was fine, although we ended up eating separately and not being hungry by the time it arrived. We were not offered anything for the inconvenience.
The breakfast both mornings was excellent.
Our room was located above where the bar deliveries must be as we were woken very early on the first morning.
Overall we loved our stay in snowdonia as we love the area, and the hotel is located in the perfect location, however unfortunately we don't feel the hotel lived up to our expectations for the cost. It's in need of some improvement and refurbishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Wales