I stayed one night at the Royal Victoria along with seven friends, using the hotel as a base for a climb up Snowdon. We got a B&B rate of £44 (we could have got it even cheaper if we'd been willing to book a non-refundable rate). The location is excellent, very close to Llanberis Station for the Mountain Railway and the Electric Mountain visitor centre.
We arrived at about 8.30pm and, after being checked in by the polite and efficient staff, our first thought was getting something to eat. Although they stop serving bar meals at 9pm the manager said he would hold on for a few minutes later if we wanted to quickly go up to our rooms, shower and change. We arrived back at the bar at about 9.05pm and had no problem ordering our meals. The bar meals were good value with a decent 2 for £12 menu.
Our room was in the annexe and, as a number of other TA users have mentioned, involved going through a number of corridors to get to, it wasn't difficult to find though.
The public areas of the hotel are a little rundown with some mismatched furniture and decoration but our room was fresher and nicely decorated. The room itself was fairly basic but clean and acceptable with a flatscreen TV, decent bathroom, firm bed and tea/coffee tray.
Breakfast was good and offered a (fairly small) full cooked breakfast plus a continental buffet with a good selection of cereals, pastries, fruits, yoghurts and juices.
If you can book this hotel at a decent rate (probably up to about £65 B&B for the annexe rooms I would say) and just want to use the hotel as a base for exploring Snowdonia I would definitely recommend staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.