“Nice shop, but the cafe could be more generous...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 Attractions in Llanberis
Type: Farms, Wineries, Ranch & Farm
Limerick
4 attraction reviews
“Nice shop, but the cafe could be more generous...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Paid 3.50 stg for a slice of coffee cake, when I got it, I was going to ring my optician and complain about my new glasses as I thought I got the wrong prescription! I could not believe how small the slice of cake was for the price I paid, it was approx 1.5" at its widest end, tapering to a point. In most tea shops in Ireland I would expect a slice at least twice that size for that price... it put us off spending more money on buying gifts there to bring back to Ireland.

Visited September 2011

Marquette, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“magical little spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

My daughter discovered this place on her semester abroad in Wales. She made sure we stopped there on a family visit to the Snowdon area. It turned out to be a highlight of our trip to Llanberis. It's a quaint little shop with a proprietor who reminded us of a wise and friendly modern-day Gandalf or Merlin — if either of those wizards had worked their magic on honey. The store is full of an amazing array of colored liquids in glass bottles, resembling nothing so much as racks of alchemical potions. These are the shop's varieties of locally produced flavored meads, or honey wines. The other store specialty is honey fudge: chocolate honey fudge, clotted cream and honey fudge, honey fudge with fruit and nut inclusions, etc., etc. A dentist's nightmare. Oh, and there's "plain" honey as well.

Los Angeles, California
“Free Celtic mead samples served up with good cheer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Though I've only visited the Snowdon Honey Farm and Winery once, back in September 2004, with my husband, I have never forgotten that wonderful visit. The owner was so friendly and generous, I wish we could have bough more Celtic mead to take back to America with us. I truly hope I will have another chance to visit this spot and once again drink my fill of delicious varieties of Celtic mead. If you go anywhere near this winery, definitely stop in and enjoy the mead samples and pleasant company!