“Walk up Snowdon and A Good nights sleep :)” 5 of 5 stars

Glyn Peris Guest House
Llanberis, Llanberis, Snowdonia National Park LL55 4EL, Wales   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Llanberis B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Walk up Snowdon and A Good nights sleep :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in a double en-suite room. A warm welcome and care and attention to detail was evident throughout the whole place which was modern, spotlessly clean, tidy and a well organised setup for walkers and mountain lovers

Room Tip: room 6 A drying room for all your wet gear and a lock up for your bikes
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wakfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed for one night in a single en-suite room. Felt a genuine warm welcome and care for me to have a good stay. Care and attention to detail was evident throughout the whole place which I would describe as modern, spotlessly clean, tidy and well organised. Enjoyed a generous, good quality, well cooked breakfast in a really comfortable dining area. Would highly recommend staying at Glyn Peris and hope to holiday there again in the future. Lovely Hospitality, Great value for money and Fantastic Quality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We decided to stay in Llanberis as a base to explore the surrounding areas and Glyn Peris was a such a lovely place to stay. Ceris and Paul were really helpful and cook up a great breakfast in the mornings.

Llanberis itself is a little on the quiet side with really only 1 pub/bar which was a little disappointing but Glyn Peris is very nice and I would recommend to anybody looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It’s difficult to review Glyn Peris without sounding a tad “gushing” but the simple fact is that this guest house really is one of the best I’ve stayed at (and I’ve stayed at a wide variety over the years).

I'd planned a few days worth of walking in Wales so needed somewhere to stay over between the 22nd and 25th October 2013. My primary criteria was to find somewhere reasonably priced and conveniently located but I only finalised my booking with Glyn Peris having read the consistently positive Trip Advisor guest reviews.

My booking was for a £38pn en-suite single room on a bed and breakfast basis and an added bonus was that it was only a short walk into Llanberis village where, for £1 each way, you can pick up the regular Sherpa bus service to Pen-y-Pas which in turn leads to Snowdon's Pyg Track pathway.

Having arrived far later than I had originally planned and been greeted by the completely unfazed owners, Ceris and Paul, I was shown the guests’ lounge and then on to my room which I was advised had been upgraded to a double - so off to a great start already.

My room (No. 2) overlooked a neat garden at the rear and was therefore very quiet. It was tastefully decorated and the comfortable bed meant I had 3 really good nights’ sleep. There was sufficient storage space alongside some “nice to haves” such as a spotlessly clean kettle, fresh water in a jug, a plentiful range of tea/coffee and hangers with proper hanging loops! The en-suite was spotlessly clean and modern; a really good use of the space available and soft white bath-sized towels rounded it off for me.

As for breakfast, although I’d given my cooked option preferences the previous evening, when I came down the following morning I could also help myself to a selection of cereals, juices, toast and yoghurt. I stuck with my original choice which was well cooked and non-greasy but it was still nice to have the option of a lighter start if I’d have wanted one. The overall ambience of the breakfast room was pleasant and an added touch was a wall-mounted screen displaying a series of photographs including some stunning shots of Snowdon and other places of interest. I would normally read a book or the newspaper whilst having my breakfast but I found this montage a fascinating and novel distraction.

Proprietor Ceris was friendly and chatty in an unobtrusive way and gave me plenty of useful tips about a range of local walks, places of interest and news of the new cake shop on Anglesey (always a topic of interest close to my heart!) Another plus point for me was that despite having returned home from my first day’s walk with completely sodden boots, they were back in full walking order the following morning having been stored overnight in the drying room.

So all-in-all I cannot rate Glyn Peris highly enough; given the high quality of the accommodation I would challenge anyone to find many other guesthouses offering such exceptionally good value for their money. I fully intend booking a return visit in the spring and will also be recommending it to any family and/or friends thinking about visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Glyn Peris after climbing Snowdon. Great central location.Very impressed with the size and cleanliness of our room it was immaculate, modern yet homely. Ceris and Paul were very welcoming and the cooked breakfast we had was delicious. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Glyn Peris, Cerys and Paul were welcoming and knowledgable about the area and our room was lovely. It was quiet and warm and beautifully comfortable, being able to borrow DVDs to watch in bed on our in-room tv was a lovely touch. We both thought the breakfasts were delicious and really enjoyed talking to Cerys about the local area, she had lots of little tips about places to eat and see. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone planning to visit north Wales.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Only stayed the one night post Snowdon climb, but Ceris and Paul couldnt have been any friendlier or accomodating to us. Room was very clean and good value while the breakfast options were good and well prepared. Wouldnt hesitate recommending or returning.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Glyn Peris Guest House? Share your experiences!