“Warm and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ty Gwyn Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Ty Gwyn Hotel to your Saves list
Ty Gwyn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A5 Road, Snowdonia National Park, Betws-y-Coed LL24 0SG, Wales   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Betws-y-Coed
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here in November for one night and found it to be a lovely, cosy place, especially at that time of year. The room was homely and comfortable, and we had a fantastic meal in the restaraunt next to a roaring log fire. Highly recommended, and in a beautiful location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Berlare, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

When we visit Betws y coed we always call in the Ty Gwyn for a meal .As always we were not dissapointed.Food was of a very high standard and served with a smile.All staff very friendly, couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had dinner here on of our 2 nights in Betws-y-coed. It was absolutely delicious. The decor inside is wonderful....all a mis match of antiques. The service was great as well. I will say, I felt like a bull in a china shop. The tables were a bit crowded and the seats we wobbly. I felt like I was going to break something at any given moment.... But it was really delicious. I would definitely go back again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Really oldie worldly nooks & crannies, full of character and charm. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Cold beer and excellent food. Room wasn't particularly decorated to my taste and when I sat on the bed thought OH this wasn't going to be good. However how surprised I was as I had one of the best nights sleep ever feeling very cozy and happy. Lovely setting great breakfast

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stopped here for a meal and I absolutely fell in love with this place! Full of character and the decor was amazing, The staff were excellent, very friendly and attentive, the food was delicious, but for me it was the the layout and the quaint, quirky way it has been furnished. I want to move in and live there!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've stayed here with my boyfriend twice now (rooms 7 and 11) and both feel this is a really great place to stay and have recommended it to our friends. The place has lots of character, rooms are spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Even if you don't stay here the restaurant is a must. The food is excellent and again the service can't be faulted! Best value for money by far.

• Stayed November 2013
Eynsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this beautiful and characterisitc inn in the gorgeous setting of the Gwydr Forest in Snowdonia. The facilities are immaculate the service imecable and the food wow you will not be disappointed. My favourite the Welsh Tower. There is a great atmosphere attached the the place and I this was our second stay and we would definitely go back. We would like to wish Martin and his wife the best of luck for the future your rooms always be full and will definelty see you again.

Room Tip: We were in room 1 the cutest room we've ever stayed in. Warm cosy and snug