“cheap as chips and fun” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bryn Mawr Guest Farm

Bryn Mawr Guest Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pentraeth
Bryn Mawr Guest Farm
You added Bryn Mawr Guest Farm to your Saves list
Rhoscefnhi, Pentraeth LL75 8YT , Wales   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Pentraeth B&B and Inns
Greater Manchester
“cheap as chips and fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I read these 2 bad reviews but I was being taken anyway! We stopped 2 nights in a tent £10 per night. 3 loos 2 showers - showers fine strong enough to wash hair in, could do with a new shower curtain tbh. The owners were very friendly and accommodating, there was no set time we needed to be off site for. Plenty of kids about the place having fun, horse rides for £2 and plenty of kids toys about the place. It seemed lots of people knew each other and after 2 days I felt like I knew them all as well, and we only used the place as a base as we were out all day but spent a few hours in the club house (quite small) but v friendly - free jelly shots every night and pretty cheap beer! Yes the place was in need of a spruce but we found it down to earth and friendly and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

theses people are liars they will take the moey for accomedation and then retend they have over booked and try palming you off with a caravan!! there is no lake and water sports its a trampy gravelled yard , full of kids looks like a cult if im honest , the owners took 200 pound off my mom and then wouldnt refund the money after telling us there was know were for us too stay , cheeky!! , they where very rude. my mom decided to visit them to get her money back and they said they'd give her the cash , when we turned up it was a cheque and a man who had bad atitude didnt want too know! dont ever book with theses liars!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Please refrain from booking here and remove advert. Below is a review I have made of our experiences!

In short this camping/caravan site are basically mis-selling their accommodation and services. Please do not book here as they will ask for a deposit and please, please go somewhere else. You have been warned!!!

In all honesty I find it difficult knowing where to start with this place but I will try and give you a brief overview of our experiences being gut-busting laughable.

Basically, my parents booked a stay at this guest farm for a bank holiday weekend ( 2013 April) for the family and little did we know how disappointed we all would be. All in all I think my mother paid around £400 for 4 nights stay. She booked a cottage (from the loot) and a static caravan. You can even see from their website (http://brynmawrguestfarm.co.uk/) a picture of what appears to be a cottage which looks quite nice. The pictures as they currently stand are a total rip off from somewhere else and do not represent what they actually offer. Looking back it's no wonder they have "Gallery Coming Soon" on their website which I suspect might be there for sometime! It would also be nice if they could spell Anglesy/Anglesey correct too. Proceeding onwards ...

We arrived at the caravan and it was an old caravan, which has not been looked after or maintained. The caravan was dirty and grimy; carpets needed hovering; there was a ditch in the one of the lounge seats; the lock on the toliet door did not work; net curtains needed washing; the pans in the kitchen area were broke and dirty; cups were dirty and to my delight I found an old sock underneath the seating area in the lounge. In general, the caravan was disgusting, old and needed replacing. Occasionally, you would be greeted by a visit from the landlords dog "Buster" (boxer dog I think) who would openly enter the caravan without invitation but hey we will let that one slide for now - we are on a farm after all!

However, later on in the day (late afternoon) my parents arrived and were staying in the cottage, at which point we had a little chuckle at what lay ahead, judging from the condition of the caravan. We took a look around the cottage and being the comical family that we are could not stop laughing at the accommodation facilities, described as "beautiful guest cottages" on their website but in reality they could not be further from the truth. The lounge area faces the kitchen, which has the worktops propped up by pieces of slate; the bedroom mattress is horrible and something from 19th century perhaps? The ensuite in the bedroom is basically a sink and tap attached to the wall facing the bed, which just so happens when my father turned on the sink tap he could not turn it off! Good job he is a plumber! Once again the lounge area, kitchen and bedrooms were very dirty and decor was a revolting colour; only one window in the basement/cottage and they had recently just painted some areas of the cottage as we could still smell the paint (I use the noun cottage subjectively) which was freely admitted by the landlords. In all honesty, after seeing the caravan and cottage we were hesitant to admit that we did not want to stay here and I'm not sure why.

The website shows a picture of a pool but I don't know where it is? The website mentions of a pool table but when looked at, their kids were standing on top of it and didn't look fit to play on. The website makes mention of water sports but nowhere to be found. The loot advert mentions use of bikes to use but they were broke. Lastly, they have a climbing frame for kids but the landlord can be quoted as saying "watch your kids on that!" as it was dangerous and needed fixing to the ground properly. The list goes on ...

Anyhow, after realising that we had landed on a campsite from a carry-on movie we decided to stay the night and get drunk to ease our pain of reality setting in and were too tired to do anything else. Our evenings events were electrified as the electricity kept cutting out when we were all in the caravan, watching t.v, knowing full well we had not exhausted our supply as we had put a few pounds in the meter!

My parents complained how cold it was in the guest cottage when they were trying to sleep which they complained to the landlord about on the night. He said he would turn the heating on but to our surprise it appeared he did not as it was still very cold for my parents and I'm surprised my mother did not die of hyperthermia!

Ultimately, we decided to leave the next day and complained and when asked what happened to the heating in the cottage the landlord said he could not help the weather! (LOL) In all honesty they seemed liked nice people (the landlords are husband and wife) and he did offer us a full refund of which we have not received a penny even after continual phone calls, which now conveniently get ignored. Perhaps I would have a bit more lenient with my descriptions but considering their reaction I feel quite justified and can hand on heart say they are all true.

Please stay away from this place and we hope we can save you the trouble we went through. The landlords are clueless and in the future get them into trouble. However, if you require inspiration for trying to make a new carry-on camping type film then this maybe a good place to start!

Accommodation address details:-
Bryn Mawr Guest Farm, Bryn Mawr, Rhoscefnhi, Pentraeth, Anglesey, LL75 8YT.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Bryn Mawr Guest Farm? Share your experiences!