“Warm Welcome and Good location” 5 of 5 stars

Dublin Ferry Guest House
85 Newry Street, Holyhead LL65 1HR, Wales   |
Ranked #3 of 25 Holyhead B&B and Inns
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Warm Welcome and Good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

A friend and I , in Holyhead for the fishing, recently stayed with June And Niel and I have to say I loved it. Very welcoming and comfortable rooms and excellent rates. Free wifi and a good connection and very comfortable rooms was all part of our stay here and I cannot rate the place enough. I am staying over in Holyhead again in Sept. and I am fortunate enough to be staying at The Dublin Ferry for 2 nights again, Thanks to the hosts for making our stay Extremely Enjoyable. Carl Burns.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wicklow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here in August 2013. I found it to be comfortable and convenient. The Free Wifi was a major plus and put the B&B into the 21st century unlike many others.

I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to a friend. It is easy walking distance to the town centre and the port.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dingle, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We are a family of 4 and used the family "red" room.
The bedroom was very comfortable with 1 double and 2 single beds.
There was free wifi and a good shower.
Breakfast was very nice, fruit salad, cereal, toast, cooked breakfast.
The landlady, June, was extremely accommodating.
We really couldn't have asked for more.
In the morning it took us less than 5 minutes to reach the ferry meaning no queueing :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night on the way to Ireland. Our family room (double bed and two twin-beds) was comfortable and spotless. All the family enjoyed the freeview TV and free wifi! June was lovely and welcoming and full of helpful advice as to where to take the children for dinner. We reluctantly knocked off a star as the bed wasn't very comfortable and the room was quite noisy during the night (I think some guests arrived very late and there was also a later disturbance in the street!). June made a lovely cooked breakfast before we left and there was a plentiful buffet to choose from as well.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a few Weeks and couldn't have felt more at home. June and Neil are both lovely and were extremely accommodating with everything. The room was lovely and I felt very comfortable. a great place to stay, I'd recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We enjoyed the area...it was close to the sea and we did alot of walking. Our room was great and the breakfast was always delicious. June was very friendly and really looked after us well. You can tell she enjoys her job because she makes you feel so welcome. I would certainly recommend it to anybody going to Holyhead.

Room Tip: My husband and I had the "Red Room" which is suitable for a family at the same price as a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for 1 night as a group of 5 adults. We stayed on top floor in blue and yellow rooms. Blue was a twin and yellow was used as a triple but could easily have slept four. Rooms were fantastic, very clean, everything you could possibly need and more And free wi-if. Oh and both had a lovely sea view.

What can I say about June, the lady in charge. Very efficient with emails, a lovely person, she even done my friends ironing for him. Nothing was too much trouble and our stay was made better by her fantastic hospitality.

An excellent guest house, fantastic location, wonderful staff and in a beautiful place. Could easily stay here for a week long holiday. We will defiantly return. Thanks for a great weekend x

Room Tip: Both our rooms had a wonderful sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Dublin Ferry Guest House? Share your experiences!