“A chef's opinion!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Escelantes Mexican

Escelantes Mexican
4 Stanley Street | (Above The Gateway Cafe), Holyhead LL65 1HG, Wales (Formerly Escelantes Mexican, Holyhead)
01407 763727
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Holyhead
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Escelantes - Beautiful mexican food in Holyhead, Anglesey. Authentic, fresh and tasty with friendly service and a great atmosphere. Dining-in and takeaway / delivery.
“A chef's opinion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The atmosphere is laid back and welcoming, the staff relaxed but attentive. The restaurant looks awesome. The food is authentic delicious Mexican, and comes in great portion sizes. The tortillas come out warm, fresh and well seasoned. The menu is customisable with a lot of choice, and with a selection of many cocktails. I had chicken wings to start and sizzling chicken tortillas, both of which I asked the chef to spice up, and he did so with fresh chilli. The food was what I hoped it would be. The chilli-chocolate dessert was also incredible... We had a great night and the price was more than reasonable.

I'm the sous chef at the nearby harbourfront bistro, and I'm happy to be able to recommend Escalantes in good faith, and it deserves all the popularity it gets.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“1st review , what a little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

im a local to Holyhead , and what a nice surprise it was to see a new restaurant open in the heart of the town so thought id treat the wife and booked a table for us on Saturday night on arrival heading upstairs we were both amazed as it had been transformed to a fine dining restaurant so... onto our food the menu had a variety of things on I chose the mushroom con-queso starter and chicken fajitas and the wife had the poppers starter and vegetable burrito and both starters were quick and was very, very good and the main were even better my fajitas I could hear sizzling as the waitress brought over our food ....... would highly recommend to anyone and everyone and will be seeing all the staff again soon .. thank you

• Visited June 2013