We stayed overnight recently at White Waters hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were put in "The Cedar Room" which is a spacious room with small balcony overlooking the river & hills including Castle Dinas Bran in the distance. We were able to watch the steam trains, white water rafters & canoeists from our balcony whilst enjoying a coffee & biscuits which were included in the room. The bathroom was also large with excellent shower, fluffy towels and small complimentary shower gel & shampoo. It was a warm night, so we had the window open and could hear some road noise (the room is on the side of the hotel thou, not at the front where the road is) but this did not disturb our sleep. Bed was huge and very comfy with extra pillows in the wardrobe if needed. TV was rather small for the size of room. It would be an idea to include menus in the rooms for the restaurant/ bar areas, althou these could easily be found downstairs. All the staff were very friendly & helpful.
We did not eat at the hotel as we decided to walk into Llangollen (a pleasant walk of about 15mins) it being a fine evening.
The hotel includes continental breakfast in the room rate. Others have mentioned that this is rather sparse, I do agree, although it was adequate. A choice of 4/5 cereals, yoghurt, tinned fruit (choice of 3) fruit juice(apple or orange) and bread for toasting with jam/butter/marmalade, plus coffee or tea. I had read on Tripadvisor you could also request croissant (it was on the menu - but you would assume that there were none left unless you knew this) which I did - to receive a delicious warm and beautifully presented one! You could also pay £5ish for a cooked breakfast - which was cooked for you & including bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, beans, black pudding and egg; or kippers & egg.
Overall a lovely hotel with what looked to have had corridors recently decorated and new carpets.
- Also Known As:
- White Waters Country Llangollen
- Hotel White Waters Country
- White Waters Country Hotel Llangollen, Wales - North Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Waters Hotel is a new hotel situated in delightful surroundings overlooking the River Dee and yet located only one mile from the town centre. The ethos of this new hotel is to offer the highest quality of luxurious accommodation and service with a restaurant dedicated to fine dining and an environment to provide that ‘little extra’ that puts it apart from other hotels in the area. It offers 25 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities. The hotel also has a Roman Jacuzzi Spa and steam room. ... more less