“okay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Castle Tea Gardens

Castle Tea Gardens
27 Castle Street, Conwy, Snowdonia National Park LL32 8AY, Wales (Formerly castle tea garden)
01492 583 888
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 49 Restaurants in Conwy
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Tea Room
Trinidad
“okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had a wonderful cup of tea here but the scones were not the best. Just okay.

Visited June 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The food is veeeery nice, but prices are quite high for the size of portions. had a 2 course dinner and was hungry afterwards

Visited August 2011
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Quaint with great views (from the terrace)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The tea gardens have a lovely feel and are very clean and tidy. The staff are well organised. However, although, polite when we entered, I found the lady who served me to be a little stand offish but this may be just general for people in this area of Wales, as she wasn't the first in Conwy.

The views from the upper terrace were fantastic - looking over the town walls at the Conwy Estuary. (You have to be careful which direction you are looking though, as my partner was told off by a miserable old man for looking towards his garden!)

I had a breakfast and so did my daughter. Unfortunately the bacon was extremely hard and over cooked, but my partner had a ham and cheese panini which was fine. It would not put me off going again, but I would mention how I would like my bacon.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Carolina
“Okay for a quick bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Upon leaving the castle, we stopped here for take-away sandwiches for our trip to Caernarfon. The service was adequate - a bit rushed and impatient. Our cheddar/pickle sandwiches were stuffed full..very hearty sandwich, and tasty.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood
“Good Sandwiches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stopped here to grab a sandwich to take with us . They were very busy but got our food to us very quickly.

Visited April 2012