“Home from Home without the washing up” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abergavenny
The Guest House
You added The Guest House to your Saves list
2 Oxford Street, Abergavenny NP7 5PR, Wales   |
Ranked #2 of 28 Abergavenny B&B and Inns
Germany
“Home from Home without the washing up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This was my second visit to The Guest House and we were welcomed as friends .Jen and Kevin and all the staff were friendly, the rooms well appointed with everything you need to make the stay a good experience, even a corkscrew!!. The breakfast is freshly cooked for each guest, no food that has been left in hotplates to congeal. The choice is endless. Nothing is too much trouble. I would like to congratulte Jen and Kevin on attaining the 4 star rating it is well deserved. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Guest House for excellent value and more. It's like visiting friends as you feel so welcome and Jen and Kevin always find time to chat and see how your day has gone. See you next year

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

My partner and I Paul stayed with Jenny & Kevin for a duration of 2 nights, from 21st to 23rd November 2009. From first speaking with Jenny over the phone a month before the booking, I had a feeling the trip would be something special...and boy was i right!! We stayed in Blorenge, the prettiest B & B we have had the pleasure of staying in... and from when we stepped through the door we were made to feel like we had arrived home! Jenny had even gone to the trouble of putting a birthday banner across the wardrobe and a birthday card in our room as it was Paul's 30th Birthday. From the slightly mad Parrots Alfie and Sammy, to the little things like the Q'tips in the en-suite! The whole place was spotless,and breakfast was outstanding.. We were offered the option of a later breakfast (which was greatly appreciated)as we had attended a Ghost hunt the previous night and arrived back at the Guesthouse approx 4.30am.. In true Welsh style the weather was pretty awful, but it was late November and to be expected.. We will 100% be re-visiting our new found friends Jenny and Kevin asap, hopefully summer 2010 so we can take advantage of the amzing l;ocal scenery and walks. We would whole-heartedly recommend the Guesthouse to all and sundry as a friendly, hostipable, welcoming place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We stayed at the Guest House during our first visit to the Abergavenny Food Festival which was perfect as it took a slow 10 minute stroll to get to in the town centre from the house. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived until we left. The rooms are clean and the breakfasts are fresh and delicious. I really enjoyed jenny's special recipe frittata that she kindly made for me one morning. Not forgetting my special blue egg! on another day. The animals are gorgeous, well cared for and part of the family. Jenny and Kevin are always willing to give advice on anything you need such as taxi's, recommended places to eat etc. While we were there Jenny phoned around and found an emergency dentist for one of the guests, she is a real diamond! Thank you Jenny, Kevin, David and the girls for making our stay so enjoyable. The Food Festival was amazing too, see you next year with our mums!

jprince73
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I was staying in Abergavenny for a week-long driving course, and had been recommended 'The Guest House' by my instructor, Chris Norman of Learntodriveinaweek.co.uk. The welcome i received was fantastic, Kevin welcomed me warmly and i was quickly booked into my room.

The Guest House really does buck the trend of stuffy b&b's, i was staying for five nights and felt totally at home from day one. The rooms are clean and warm, the free wi-fi really made a difference by letting me catch up on my emails whilst away from work.

The friendly atmosphere doesn't end when you leave The Guest House, Abergavenny is a truly wonderful place with some of the most friendly people you will meet with some stunning scenery. Eating within the Town Centre is a dream, with friendly efficient staff in every shop and cafe you stop at.

I wholeheartedly recommend both Abergavenny and The Guest House to anyone traveling through South Wales. 10/10 down the line.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Jenny and Kevin are the most welcoming hosts I have ever come across when staying in a Guest House. They cannot do enough for you, and Jenny in particular is a great character. The breakfasts are superb with fresh free-range eggs from their own hens, and the location is good for Abergavenny town centre. Alfie and Sammy, the two parrots, are amusing breakfast companions, and there are dogs, cats, pigs, hens, ducks and birds in an aviary to add interest to your stay.

Jenny and Kevin obviously enjoy what they do, and it really shows. They are an example to everyone who provides accommodation in the UK.

I would stay there again, like a shot!

devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Excellent from the moment we arrived. Clean, food good hospitality was excellent. The 2 parrots were fantastic and the dog did not smell!!
Had a great time would not hesitate to return again.

firenze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Don't like pets? So do not come here. Don't like friendly hosts? Go somewhere else.
Jenny and Kevin welcome is really friendly and warm. My reservation was for a three-night stay in the Rholben room (60£/night): it was lovely, romantic, very quite and clean. I cannot say nothing about birds and chickens noise, because Rholben's window is on the street.
I really enjoyed the pets: I met a cat, a lovely white dog and parrots Sammie and Alfie (Sammy is able to imitate a mobile ringing - so funny!).
I read in a comment about bad smells in the dining room: actually, all I smelled during my stay was perfume.
What I had for breakfast was: pancakes (fluffy and delicious), smoked salmon and eggs, kippets (Jenny joked with me and the other guests about my first time eating fish at 7:30 in the morning! - anyway, kippets were fresh and delicious too).
I really hope to come back and have a longer stay in Wales: Welsh people I met were friendly, warm and very kind!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Guest House? Share your experiences!