“My Stay at The Guest House Abergavenny” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abergavenny
The Guest House
You added The Guest House to your Saves list
2 Oxford Street, Abergavenny NP7 5PR, Wales   |
Ranked #2 of 28 Abergavenny B&B and Inns
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“My Stay at The Guest House Abergavenny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Wales, I went to visit my son his partner and grandson. Not sure what to expect on arrival at above guest house, but as soon as Kevin opened the door to me I felt as ease. I found the whole stay there which I might add was only for two nights very informal and homely. Jennie whom I meet next morning was a really lovely lady. It was like going back to stay at my grandmothers. One was make to feel part of the family.

It was very clean, warm and excellent alround. Would stay there again without any doubt. The breafast was first class and you could help yourself to whatever you wanted.

Jennie and Kevin keep up the good work. PENNY from Lowestoft.

Room Tip: Just be yourself and you must like animals. Jennie tells some good yarns.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Mortlach, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Kevin and Jenny are great hosts they will help you with anything you want the food is good rooms are clean lots of animals I liked to be greeted by squeak the cat the guest house is in walking distance of abbergavenny town yes would stay there again mike and sue franklyn from canada

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Right from the start Jenny and Kevin made our whole family feel very welcome. The rooms were very good with everything well maintained. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Jenny always had time to have a friendly chat and Kevin patiently took our 8 year old son round the garden to see if there were any freshly laid eggs. All in all a memorable stay.

Pontyclun, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Their site says they have off-road parking for 6 cars which is why I chose this accommodation. On arrival I parked on the road outside as we had to go out later. When leaving I was assured that parking was arranged for my return. I returned in the dark and the rain to find there was no parking arranged. Admittedly the food was great, the accommodation warm and spotless, BUT the parking was important to me and I would not have stayed there had I known that it did not exist. I have noticed since that others on here have said there is no parking available so why does The Guest House site say there is?

JAT1946, Owner at The Guest House, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
It is imperative that I point out that the references to the non-existence of a car park at this property are wholly inaccurate.

Had the reviewer stayed in a room at the rear of the guest house they would have clearly seen that there is secure off-road parking.

The word 'secure' is important here, since access to and from the car park is via a locked gate.

We keep this gate locked for two main reasons - security for cars, cycles and motor bikes as well as to prevent any of our chickens and ducks from absconding.

Guests tend to prefer to leave their vehicles on the road but are perfectly welcome to use the parking area.

In this instance, we DID tell the reviewer we would ensure they had a space opposite the property upon their return, however Kevin mistakenly moved our car for another guest instead, something we'd like to apologise for.

We do tend to retire relatively early and this could lead to problems regarding unlocking the gate if we have gone to bed when guests return. If a guest chooses to leave their car in the car park prior to going out for the evening, then obviously this problem does not arise.
Walla Walla, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Talk about a breath of fresh air. Jenny is a delightful host and Kevin is a great cook. It was so much fun talking to Jenny, and she took time to help us plan our sightseeing, giving great suggestions on where to go and what to see. She even has a map of Abergavenny with restaurants listed and recommended! Our room was comfortable with a great view of the courtyard. The beds were very sleepable (two of the best night's sleep the whole trip!), and the rooms were large. There was a large bottle of fresh water, as well as a selection of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soups, and biscuit. Loved all the "critters" (chickens, ducks, dog, cats, and birds) around. Made us feel right at home. And the African Grey parrots in the dining area were a hoot!! Speaking of dining, the breakfasts were fabulous. Enjoyed their full breakfast buffet, pancakes, fresh fruit, and a divine forest berry jelly. Kevin always made our eggs to order perfectly. Our only complaint is that the Wi-Fi was weak in our rooms. But it was fine in the guest lounge which was a delightful place to spend the evening. Would we stay there again? Yes! Jenny and Kevin made us feel right at home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I have just checked out of here and I must say, it's fantastic! Welcoming, accommodating, great breakfast (sausages and bacon were clearly from a butcher's shop) home made jams and marmalade and bread, great coffee, everything was just really comfortable. Also, for the price..you cannot beat it :)

• Stayed October 2013
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It really was super, from location (close enough to walk comfortably to wherever we wanted to go), appeal (it is fancifully decorated), comfort (complete, including terrycloth robes!), a delicious breakfast, and all sorts of critters about. There are a couple of resident parrots in cages in the dining room, a very friendly cat, and various creatures in the backyard. My sister and I truly did enjoy every moment of our time there. Jenny's friendliness and helpful suggestons were much appreciated; we were not ready to depart..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Guest House? Share your experiences!