“Flavour of the month!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Flavour of the month!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Obviously THE new place to go as it was full and they had to turn people away. There was also a steady flow of takeaway custom too and the phone hardly stopped. The menu was short (particularly mains) and not inspiring however when the food arrived it was tasty and different. We ate the lot.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

wales
“Something different to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went out with the girls from work a leaving party we went early after work, the restaurant soon filled up. I would not normally go to this type of resaurant as I like plain food but I certainly found something to order.Lamb shank was to die for very very tasty...Would definately go back .When we left it was full and still people coming in, please try it here well worth a visit, there is somethig for everyone.NO CHIPS thank goodness! but plenty of rice .....varied menu, fabulous service well done. PEOPLE of Abergavenny Please TRY HERE........

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Looking forward to returning!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Dined on sunday evening with a friend who had eaten here before. The menu choices were very varied and it was hard to decide what to eat as it all sounded very interesting. I had chicken with chilli and tomato for a starter, which was spicy and hot but delicious. I normally don't like very hot foods but this was fine and not too hot. For main course I selected the prawns which were flavoured with orange, ginger and garlic and served with seafood rice. The food was amazing. I could taste all the flavours and it was delightful. I could see other diners were also enjoying their meals too. The service was excellent and the waiters were very helpful and friendly. The house merlot was also very good. We are looking forward to returning to this super restaurant. The price was very reasonable and made it an affordable and enjoyable evening out.

Raglan, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I were keen to try Gurkha food and were pleased to see that the Gurkha Corner had opened nearby in Abergavenny. We were certainly not disappointed, as the food was of excellent quality and very tasty. If you like curry, this restaurant is definitely worth a try. The service was faultless, even though it was a busy Saturday night. The welcome was also warm, and we will definitely be back.

“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited the Gurkha Corner last night with three friends, all of whom said would be returning with their partners. The service was genuinely friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We asked for extra chilli in one of the main dishes and were advised to ask for any extras or amendments to the menu when we visited again.

I chose the pork dumplings to start and a slow cooked lamb and spinach dish for my main. I would go back tonight for more of the same if I could! I can't rate this restaurant highly enough and I can't wait for my next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere