“GOOD FOOD IN A RELAXED ATMOSPHERE” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“GOOD FOOD IN A RELAXED ATMOSPHERE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This chinese restaurant is in an out of the way location at the bottom end of the towns central carpark (at the back of the Covered market) The menu is quite large and doed not include British food. a reasonable wait suggests the food is freshly made. Typical Chinese food.For a very reasonable price the quality of the food is very good. Service is friendly. Good place to meet friends.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
South Wales
“Rubbish. Go to Sing Lee instead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I attended Kongs with a small group of friends one evening without a reservation. The restaurant was quiet and very dark, and the staff were no where to be seen. Eventually someone seated us and got us some drinks. Even though we were the only people in the restaurant, the food took over 40 mins and was stone cold when it came out, and it was so dark in there we could hardly see eachother!

The staff are also abysmal. The girl serving us seemed like she had never spoken to another human being in her life let alone serve one.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Where to even begin!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Kong's Restaurant was recommended to us by friends as the best place to eat in Abergavenny, but let me tell you this as someone whose been... In all my life, I have never had such AMAZING food in my life,

As soon as you enter the building you are greeted with probably the friendliest staff you will ever see, as soon as you enter until you are gone, you are served not only with the finest food but also the kindest service.

For my food, me and my other half decided to go for the weekly special menu, as it seemed like the most filling (we're big eaters) and it had some different types of Chinese food I haven't tried yet and let me tell you this, I didn't regret it at all.

We did plan on ordering Banana fritters but we were so full we could not manage!

If its good food you are looking for then absolutely visit this restaurant. I am glad we stuck with this restaurant as it was a good and fun experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cold Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Picked up a takeaway from here, There card machine failed to connect about 4 times, 15 minutes after and a short walk home the food was cold, re heated it and it was so dry, called and spoke witht he owner next day, no aplogy and offered me 20% off next time I visit, don't get me wrong, this is ok I guess, my problem was the way he was with me, *you should have called straight away* no sorry for the food or the service, really bad, and the fact we go alot, and family and friends do, will have a effect on trade for them, sometimes all it needs is a sorry!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have eaten here about once a week since moving to the area. The staff are friendly, the manager is highly knowledgeable and very helpful, and the food is wonderful. We are vegan (no meat, no dairy), and there are quite a few dishes on the menu that suit us, or the chef can change and adapt others as necessary. We have always been treated very very well, none of the sneers or blank looks you are sometimes greeted with in other places. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere