“my fav indian” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“my fav indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

we av been goin to this resturaunt 4 bout 5yrs an I can honestly say we always av great food an the staff r always friendly nothing is to much trouble for them the food is of a very high quality an we av never waited long 4 our meal the beer is good an wotever you want the staff go out of their way 2 plz you we would recommend this resturaunt bcos of the many nights we av gone there and always been satisfied wiv the service we go there every 2wks an its always been a great nite thank you to staff an management 4 ur professional an careing service keep up the gd work

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“awful meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Worst curry ever, pleasant staff but very poor service. Waited more than an hour for our starter then waited again for main meal despite the restaurant not being busy. One meal was sent back, no one out our group of nine enjoyed their meal. Won't be going there again

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
west midlands
“It must be me!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed in Abergavenny for a few nights recently and being from the West Mids am rather partial to Indian/Bengali food so after a rather poor experience at one of the other Bengali places in Aber I thought I would try The Shahi...

As happened with the other place, i read some positive reviews so, much against my better judgement called in.

The first thing that hit me was the disgusting carpet, dirty, sticky and the place just smelt awful, I would have left but I wanted an early night so I stuck it out (maybe that should read stuck to the carpet)

Given the positive reviews given for The Shahi I can only conclude my 40 years experience of Indian/Bengali food has taught me nothing, maybe expectations are lower in certain areas...I dont know what it is, but the whole experience was just pitiful.

Again what we have here is a standard `stock pot` curry, dull, dingy, dirty surroundings and to be honest quite miserable staff.... I cannot believe anyone with an iota of culinary savvy could say this is good.

If people accept such poor standards, patronise & compliment restaurants as dire as this why would the owners bother to make improvements...?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Spicy value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Very tasty curries, good level of spice used so hotter than your average. Lovely naan breads, no shirking on ingredients.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My family and I have been eating here for over 14 years and never had a bad meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been using this restaurant for over 14 years along with friends. We now have a son who also comes with us and I can honestly say we have never had a bad meal here.

The food is excellent and I've eaten in top class restaurants around the world. The service is the best you could have, all the staff are great and always make you feel welcome. The food is always prepared to order, even so we never have to wait long. Cobra beer is always a really good pint.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but believe you me the food here is amongst the best around.

Special thanks to Imran, Abdul and chefs for everything over the last 14 years.

See you soon.