“Nice place with flaws” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A new restaurant which offers fantastic Italian cuisine - all home made to order
Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice place with flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went as a group of 4 on a Friday night. Staff were friendly and attentive but it was very busy. It can get very noisy at times. Starter of fried squid, prawns and courgettes was very nice, my sausage pasta was average, I was pretty jealous of my mates pizza which was excellent. Wine wasn't great but that's personal taste. They were very helpful with my vegan girlfriends dietary requirements and did give us some free limoncello as it was my birthday. Overall slightly mixed but generally good and I would go back. Definitely going to try the take away pizza at least.

Builth Wells
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Hoping to find somewhere for lunch on the way through. Lot of restaurants closed only opening evenings. Checked Tripadvisor and found this place. Agree with others. Excellent quality food and service. Efficient staff. Good value for money.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
“Wow !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Our first experience of UK food and the experience just blew is away ...Tuesday night jet lagged and tired we decided to nip out for a quick bite ... Being Tuesday night and early we thought there was no need to book and arrived to be greeted at the door and asked we we had a table reserved

Yeah yeah... being seasoned travellers ...we know this 'old trick' !!! and checking the reservations .... surprise ... surprise... although the restaurant was empty ... they managed to find us a table in the corner. !!!

I don't think I have ever experienced such efficient and professional service our needs were almost anticipated by telepathy ???all staff worked in total. unison ...the food was exceptional it really is Italian cuisine at its very best ...great choice of starters .... the lasagna just perfect and as for the pasta with prawns and chilli it was to die for !!!

We Australians are well known to hate tipping but in this instance more than happy to give more than the UK normal !!!

(As you perhaps suspected... by the time we left the restaurant was packed )

What I haven't mentioned is the stunning way this old building has been transformed into a great venue but I will leave that to be discovered during your visit..

Well.. well worth the effort to go out if your way to experience ... Oh did I mention .. you need to book !!!

Abergavenny
“Still the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My partner and I have been fairly regular visitors to this little restaurant in the two years it's been open, so at long last I have got round to reviewing it.
We visited last Friday evening, and as usual, the place was buzzing. Despite several changes of personnel lately, the warm welcome, super efficient friendly service, and fantastic food have remained the same. Although it's a fairly small menu, other than pizzas, there is pretty much something for everyone's taste and the specials are a delight.
I really cannot recommend this place highly enough. If you are in Abergavenny and want high quality genuine Italian food, wine and welcome, then this is the only place in town to visit.
Thanks to everyone on Friday for making our evening so enjoyable.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Consistent, friendly & welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times. Nothing fancy or pretentious just good honest food cooked well and at a reasonable price. Never been disappointed. The sort of place you can call in on a weekday after work with friends or family. I've arrived just as they have opened and just before they close and you are always treated as a special guest.

• Visited April 2014