I have been here many times, we come every Xmas eve as they do a wonderful menu over Xmas which is great value with wonderful food.
I came for the £15 set lunch to try.
I want to start my review by saying we eat out regularly and Thursday passed went to the walnut tree.
The meal Thursday was top draw but I have to say today's lunch is beyond comparison.
I started with a crab dish (I now love cucumber but only if soaked in Pernod) compliment of the chef (mike) starter was trio of salmon with a main of fillet of Brecon beef with rib and roasted veg.
The salmon was simply stunning, caviar good with two separate. Salmon tartare salmon fillet in particular good.
Beef cooked to perfection! The fillet melted in the mouth and while fillet not my favourite cut it was amazing.
The menu changes daily and there is a full a la carte menu and the set lunch two choices per course. Fresh and adequate.
Overall the service (wil) in particular is faultless food nothing short of stunning.
We paid £30 for the both of us for the two courses. ( sorry it's not a typo yes it was £30. The value the setting the service is simply wow wow wow.
Thanks to Maggie our waitress who simply added to the lunch.
I can't stress strongly enough that Abergavenny's best restaurant will take much to surpass so do yourself and your family and friends a huge favour. Try try try.
P.S we shared a chocolate fondant with cookie crumble and sherry,,,,, I know it's bad of us but to add £4.50 to the bill seemed rude not to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Four Star Country House Hotel, Best Small Restaurant in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2013, set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds. 21 Individually appointed luxury bedrooms, elegant drawing rooms and lounges, real log fires, traditional afternoon tea, fine wine cellar, an amazing restored victorian walled vegetable garden and breath taking views from every room. Close to the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park, just 2 hours from Heathrow and 20 minutes from Junction 24 of the M4. Spoil yourself here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Llansantffraed Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llansantffraed Court Abergavenny, Wales
- Llansantffraed Court Hotel Abergavenny