“Definitely worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hardwick

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abergavenny
The Hardwick
You added The Hardwick to your Saves list
Old Raglan Road, Abergavenny NP7 9AA, Wales   |
Ranked #12 of 28 Abergavenny B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We visted the retaurant and stayed at the hotel to celebrate a birthday. Rooms were very comfortable and well equipped. The meal we had was excellent. Tasty well cooked local produce - delcious! Staff were friendly and relaxed. Ambience was also relaxed. Beautiful location and good for a walk the next morning to burn off the extra calories consumed! Would recommend a visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had lunch there today and I had the roast beef which came out warm , the veg arrived a few minutes later which were also warm. The main thing is I cant believe they serve the same gravy for the beef and the pork, for a so called excellent restaurant I cant believe they would do this. Very poor standard and not worth the money

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We went for Sunday lunch with friends today, the service was faultless and the food superb. The atmosphere was cosy and relaxed, although it was busy so I would advise booking ahead even for lunchtime dining.
The drinks selection was also good with locally made penderyn whisky on offer as well as a variety of lovely wines.
The only problem I had was decking which pudding to have as they all sounded yummy.

Very much looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed December 2013
Bridgend, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

my husband and me booked a table for an anniversary dinner treat, I must say we both really disappointed though. The starter of duck hash was just warm,i had the welsh cheese which i think would have been nicer with less salad and more cheese because you could hardly taste it and the dressing was really oily. My main of lamb was overcooked and the whole plate looked very GREY, the huge piece of aubergine to highly flavoured witth cinammon did'nt help and again it was'nt hot.My husband had chicken with quite a bitter sauce. Needless to say we did'nt bother with desert or coffee, then we given the wrong bill!! Add to thayt we stayed away for a night and had a taxi to and form there - it was a rather expensive let down of a weekend. What is going on there!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and myself visited here recently for a special occasion, I must say it was fantastic. We live within 40 miles and hadn't been before but had heard good things. Great food, great service and a great setting. Can't understand any poor reviews on here, you can't please everyone I suppose!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed overnight at the Hardwick with a dinner , bed & breakfast deal. 3 course a la carte menu was all we could have hoped for , the ambiance was welcoming and friendly , the room was stylish , clean and comfortable , all in all a perfect 5th Wedding Anniversary , thanks to Stephen Terry and all the staff. Hope to see you all again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I pre booked a room here for my husbands birthday, we also booked a table for dinner.
Starter was just ok, no finesse what so ever in the service, the main arrived, we had the veal that I have had many times before, the tongue was greasy the loin was tough and the burger tasteless, I did not call a waitress over I was happy not to complain. However I was asked why we were not eating and I explained. The "restaurant"manager arrived and stated "the chef disagrees with you he says the food was perfect" "he is the manager and he says there is nothing wrong with the food" I was so shocked as I run a restaurant myself and there is no way I would ever argue with a guest it's un heard of in this trade.
The manager then sent the staff to ask us to leave the hotel, I have never heard anything like it. Less pretentious over priced plonk and more decent customer service
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hardwick? Share your experiences!