I have stayed at The Angel before with my husband and always enjoyed the experience. This time I went with a friend. On arrival we were informed that we had been upgraded from a standard room to a room in the mews. The accommodation was first class with a comfortable sleeping/sitting area and a spectacular bathroom. It seemed to us that no expense had been spared during the refurbishment processs. The food (breakfasts and dinner) was of good quality and served by friendly and efficient staff. The bar with a cozy log fire is a great place to have a drink and reflect on the day.
OUT and ABOUT:
We decided that instead of driving we would take the train. We found it an easy walk from the station to the hotel even though we are classed as senior citizens. There was plenty to keep us busy during our 2 day stay. A walk through the meadows by the river, visits to the castle/museum, tithe barn and priory church, exploring the shops and market. One day we took the train to Hereford (one stop--25min) and walked to the wonderful cathedral where we saw the Mappa Mundi and chained library as well as the other attractions including the cloister cafe.
A highly enjoable couple of days and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the area.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City and Country Hotel Tea Award 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.