I was at the hotel recently with my family and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel itself has nice rooms, great food, nice atmosphere which is helped by having very friendly and helpful staff.
One niggle and it stems from a previous visit when the Castle Cottage was first opened. I was there with my wife and son. When it was first opened the decor left a lot to be desired and a request for cutlery in the kitchen/pantry to prepare some lunch for our baby boy was met with a begruding response from the person who handled our request.
The whole point I would have thought of having a cottage would be to provide some space, particularly if traveling with a youngster. So that and the then decor was not welcome. When I complained on checkout I received a snooty response along the lines that the owner's wife had personaly decorated the Cottage. I can only assume she is not a profesional designer.
That said the website seems to indicate the decor has improved and I would love to visit the cottage again. All in all a great place to stay, I stay reasonably regularly as I fish on the Usk near Abergavenny and Crichowell throughout the fishing season.
A nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City and Country Hotel Tea Award 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales