“Lovely relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast

Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abergavenny
Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast
You added Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
39 Maes y Llarwydd, Abergavenny NP7 5LQ, Wales   |
Ranked #21 of 29 Abergavenny B&B and Inns
“Lovely relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband booked us in for a night away for our 1st year anniversary. We had to change our plans due to work commitments but safe to say we enjoyed our trip and the friendliness of Gail and her staff.(even to organising some flowers and champagne for our room!) Really comfy bedding and modern decor throughout but with a country feel. And then onto the breakfast... So good! Local warm welsh bread, fruit salad and a stunning full English. Abergavenny also holds host to some lovely little places we went to a vintage tea shop for afternoon tea and then ducked into the kings head to play scrabble as the weather wasn't great for waking. Gail even reccommended the Hardwick restaurant which we ate at on the Saturday, again gorgeous food and reasonably priced at around 60 a head with drinks. Would definitely revisit!

• Stayed August 2013
TyLlewManager, Owner at Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and a memorable anniversary. We look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
west midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ty Llew is in a really delightful area about 5 mins walk from Abergavenny centre which was great.

The building itself is quite impressive and the interior was similarly pleasing, very clean, airy and immaculately decorated, my room was just great...again very clean & pleasant with a nice sized en-suite and decent flat screen tv.

Gale, the owner was very welcoming and nice, she even drew me a map showing some of the best pubs & restaurants which was very helpful.

I had a great nights sleep and the breakfast was excellent, fresh fruit, home made bread and boiled eggs, just as I had requested so all in all a great stay and I would recommend Ty Llew very highly and will defiantly return when I`m working in this part of Wales.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TyLlewManager, Owner at Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to staying at Ty Llew. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
andover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked this quite last minute, so was pleased with the quality. The shower was good, the bed linen was good, only slight negative were some yappy dogs, not sure if they belonged to the B&B but whenever we were in the room, as the windows had to be open due to the heat, all I could hear were the dogs!

• Stayed August 2013
TyLlewManager, Owner at Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ty Llew Bed and Breakfast. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are sorry for the slight noise you encountered from dogs at a neighbouring property . As at Ty Llew we pride ourselves on the peaceful surroundings in which we are located . We appreciate your comments. Hope to see you again in the future.
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Needing a B&B for an overnight stay following a friend's wedding, I'm so glad I chose Ty Llew. Set in a quiet close on the edge of Abergavenny I was immediately struck by how pretty the location was, as was even happier that the view from my room featured Abergavenny as well as the surrounding hills. The B&B was very relaxed and Gail made me very welcome as I settled into my room [which featured en-suite shower room and Freeview TV].

As others have mentioned, the 'full english' breakfast was a god send, especially after the night before! The location is amazingly quiet, though the dawn chorus can sometimes come a bit too soon! Highly recommeded

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ty Llew. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We ended staying here due to our initial B&B being fully booked up despite having paid up front.
The Landlady who too our Company's money showed us to another one a couple of miles away. At first we were annoyed and suspected that our Company had perhaps being scammed?
Especially when it first appeared to be just a very large town house. There were no external signs it was a Guest House.

However, this was indeed not the case at all. The two ex nurses running the Ty LLew B&B we're very friendly and the perfect hosts.
We were immediately presented with a teapot of lovely tasting tea.
The rooms were spotless and overall the accommodation and facilities were refined and practical. Parking was no problem and the blonde one even gave me the use of her Internet dongle.

If I could nitpick though - I would have to say that the two long term Guests who lodged next door were noisy and squeaked their bed until about 1:am in the morning. One was from Darlington and the other was from Ireland. I think it was a kind of 'Brokeback Mountain' thing they had going on?
That aside - I would strongly recommend the B&B to anyone. Best B&B I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ty Llew after your inconvenience with the first Bed and Breakfast.
We prefer not to use large signage for our property. However, we do have our business name next to the front door and has been there since we opened in 2007. We are glad that the accommodation met your standards. We do have full Internet access and that day in question the Internet was sadly down. For emergency purposes we do have a Dongle available upon request.
At Ty Llew we welcome people from all walks of life. However, in response to the comments made concerning two guests. They were two professional businessmen staying here Monday to Friday for work purposes over a 12 month period. I felt I must respond as it is unfair to comment upon an individuals private circumstances.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This bed & breakfast is real value for money. It is in a quiet part of Abergavenny which was very much what I needed after a busy week. I choose this Bed & Breakfast because the last time I stayed in Abergavenny it was quite noisy but Ty Llew was perfect. The room was a good size with it's own en-suite. The room was spotless and very very comfortable. The breakfast was of a high standard and was huge with lovely homecooked food. I was given a wonderful packed lunch for my next days walking and had a great time. I would like to say if you need a good Bed & Breakfast try Ty Llew as it really is a real good B&B. The owner was remarkable and truely made me feel very welcome, I will go back for sure!

Room Tip: Everyone looked great