Dark wood, beamed ceilings, creaky floor and it could go on and on. If you want authentic this is the place. A little hectic at check in as there was no parking, so hubby had to double park, unload and drive a few blocks away down by the water then find his way back to me guarding the luggage. They are obviously very busy because even with 2 people at reception iy felt they struggled to get complete sentences out to us. Room was up the stairs thru the doors, down the hall, thru another door and down the hall. Yikes!! Kept telling ourselves people did this for hundreds of years, suck it up!!!
Was very warm when we were there so propped open the windows just to find out the gulls thought this was their Q to audition for Xfactor. Chalked it all up to ambiance and wouldn't have changed a thing.Had to follow directions to breaky in the am as it was in a different building but proved to be fast and efficient as we had a train to catch up Mt Snowdonia. If you're looking to see how the travellers did it years ago try it out. It was a highlight for us and so close to everything else in North Wales. PS- great Wifi and one of the best meals we had on our holiday which I will review separate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Boy Inn is a listed building which is situated in the historic town walls of the Royal Borough of Caernarfon. The Inn is within easy walking distance to the town centre, and the famous 13th-century Castle. An old Inn dating back to 1522 and with its wooden paneling, low ceilings, and thick wooden support beams generates a cosy 'Olde Worlde' Welsh atmosphere. The Black Boy is a very busy Inn; please do not expect it to be a slow laid back hotel. It is in the centre of the tourist hub of North Wales and long wait times can be norm in middle of summer. Come and visit us in the winter season for a more laid back feeling.We now also have Black Jacks, which is another renovated building in courtyard, at rear of Inn .Black Jacks is away from the hustle of the main Inn . All suites have small kitchen area.No lift in building.Some Ground floor rooms are easy access with walk in showers , 1st floor variety of rooms as is 2nd floor.We offer 24 hour staff attendance. When you stay in any country you must wish to stay in somewhere that reflects that country ,we certainly do majority of our staff are welsh speaking and so are the owners .Meal timesSunday to Thursday: Noon until 9.00P.M. Friday and Saturday. Noon until 9.30P.M.Table reservations can be made via reception up to 6.30P.M. Table allocation after 6.30.Pm. Will be made on availability. Waiting times can vary and an indication of any delay will be conveyed to you. To arrange a table reservation (up to 6.30P.M.)In peak season we cannot accept table bookings at all due to the volume of trade ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, T4B, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Black Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Boy Hotel Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon, Wales