My husband and I found this gem on the internet and checked out reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed - sometimes places look a lot better on the internet and do not live up to expectations on arrival. We found it to be very busy but very well managed with the staff working very hard to keep everything running smoothly. The bars had lovely warm fires (especially welcome as it was so cold and we had been travelling for 4 hours). We had booked a table in the restaurant for our first night and it was delicious, so good in fact we ate there again before we left. We had a superior executive room in Black Jacks which was lovely, furniture nice and attention to detail, the room was so large you felt you wanted to spend time enjoying it - mostly I just want to sleep in the room and not be in there much. The make-up mirror in the bathroom was fab and the lighting was great - usually I have to take my mirror to a window and kneel on the floor to apply my make up and do my hair as it the only place where there is enough light etc. PG tips in the room (great for us)! The only slight downside is the car park is quite small (nothing much they can do about that) so when we went out on the Sunday we couldn't get back in but we parked in the car park (just a short walk away) after 6pm this is free - there was a space later so we managed to get back in. Also we found it very busy as I say (it was easter weekend) but we didn't mind as the staff went out of their way to see to you as quickly as they could and were so courteous. All in all if we come back to Caernarfon (and hopefully we will soon) I would not think of stopping anywhere else! The railway trip is a must and although a bit expensive was well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Boy Inn is a listed building which is situated in the historic town walls of the Royal Borough of Caernarfon. The Inn is within easy walking distance to the town centre, and the famous 13th-century Castle. An old Inn dating back to 1522 and with its wooden paneling, low ceilings, and thick wooden support beams generates a cosy 'Olde Worlde' Welsh atmosphere. The Black Boy is a very busy Inn; please do not expect it to be a slow laid back hotel. It is in the centre of the tourist hub of North Wales and long wait times can be norm in middle of summer. Come and visit us in the winter season for a more laid back feeling.We now also have Black Jacks, which is another renovated building in courtyard, at rear of Inn .Black Jacks is away from the hustle of the main Inn . All suites have small kitchen area.No lift in building.Some Ground floor rooms are easy access with walk in showers , 1st floor variety of rooms as is 2nd floor.We offer 24 hour staff attendance. When you stay in any country you must wish to stay in somewhere that reflects that country ,we certainly do majority of our staff are welsh speaking and so are the owners .Meal timesSunday to Thursday: Noon until 9.00P.M. Friday and Saturday. Noon until 9.30P.M.Table reservations can be made via reception up to 6.30P.M. Table allocation after 6.30.Pm. Will be made on availability. Waiting times can vary and an indication of any delay will be conveyed to you. To arrange a table reservation (up to 6.30P.M.)In peak season we cannot accept table bookings at all due to the volume of trade ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Black Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Boy Hotel Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon, Wales