“Outstanding Accommodation!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Accommodation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at Victoria House the night before the Snowdon Marathon. Had a wonderful welcome and really felt at home. The accommodation was outstanding, everything was top quality and every need catered for. Would not hesitate to stay with Jan again if we are in the Caernarfon area and have already recommended Victoria House to several people who took part in the marathon and will be looking for accommodation next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bangor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Diane and I were privileged to stay two nights at Victoria House last week and without a doubt this was the best lodging of our eight day trip. Jan (and helper Lil!) were fine hostesses and did everything possible to make our stay comfortable. Our large first floor room boasted views of the castle, a huge King Sized bed and plenty of moving around space. Bathrobes and slippers, not to mentioned a fully stocked refrigerator were very considerate additions. The bath was huge with a jetted tub and power shower. Breakfast both mornings was excellent and plentiful. DStay herer if you can; you will enjoy every minute.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor room facing the street. It was perfect.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I were in Caernarfon and stayed at the Victoria house after exploreing the entire coastline of Wales. Stayed in many B&Bs but Jan's was the best and most reasonably priced by far. When we arrived there was no place to park but hey, no problem, Jan jumped in the car and rode with us around the block until she found us a spot (ended up right at her doorstep). Went upstairs and next thing we knew she was delivering a couple of beers and a fruit plate. Caught a great view of the sun setting over the Menai Strait from our room. Comfortable bed, great breakfast, fantastic hospitality between Jan and her mom.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

On a recent visit to Caernarfon I found that I was double booked into the hotel I had planned to stay at. No worries! The Victoria House B&B was recommended as alternate accommodation and I'm so glad I found it! From the minute I set foot on the property until the time I left two days later I felt right at home. Jan, the owner, went out of her way to make my stay pleasant and comfortable. A very nice touch was a glass of wine when I arrived and a quick tour of the property during which Jan took me up on the old town walls and explained some local history. My room was on the top floor - Room 5, I think. It was extremely spacious and well decorated with a beautiful en suite and the most comfortable bed I've slept in outside my own. The breakfasts were excellent. I had a wonderful experience at the Victoria House - it's a place I would recommend highly. If I'm back in Caernarfon again, that's where you'll find me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Thank you Jan and family for making my husbands birthday weekend Fantastic. You have ticked all the boxes for us. Location inside the town walls and a quick stroll to many great places to eat and drink. The room was huge and the bed was so comfy, my husband could have brought it home. The extras in the room were a big bonus of nice toiletries, water, and fresh milk in the fridge not to mention the complimentary drink on arrival. Oh and after a long hike up Mount Snowdon the whirlpool bath was so needed. And thank you so much for the warm hat, never realized it would be so cold at the top. We will be recommending your B&B to all our friends. Jan you could not have taken better care of us and I look forward to our next visit, soon I hope. Thanks again!!!

JVH8, Owner at Victoria House B&B, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hi Wendy,

You're very welcome, it was lovely to meet you & Jeff. You are so lucky the weather wasn't like it
is today - torrential rain - you wouldn't have seen much at all on Snowdon! Hope your foot is
making a good recovery & we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a wonderful experience! Thank you, Jan, for welcoming us with tea (and beer), a tour of your home and the back Castle wall, and for providing great advice as to where to eat dinner (The Black Boy's Welsh Pie was delicious). You served a lovely breakfast too. We will definitely recommend you and your B&B to our friends. Perhaps one day we will see you in our "neck of the woods" in Canada.
Trev and Rose-Ann

JVH8, Owner at Victoria House B&B, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Hi Trev & Rose-ann,

Many thanks for reviewing your stay with us, so glad your enjoyed your time in our town.
Definitely, if I'm ever lucky enough to visit your part of the world, I will drop in for B&B with you
and the lamas!

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Amersfoort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The b&b is beautiful and the people are lovely. They even saved us a parking space because we were arriving late. We really liked the room and it offered more for less than many other b&bs we've visited.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
JVH8, Owner at Victoria House B&B, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Victoria House, we're glad to hear you enjoyed
your time with us. We always endeavour to assist guests with parking, especially when it is their
first visit & they are not familiar with the town. Often the helpful sat nav/gps person doesn't recognise the one way streets & this can cause considerable confusion! I like to avoid this if at
all possible :-)

With kind regards,

Jan

Been to Victoria House B&B? Share your experiences!