“An old favourite went down the pan” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“An old favourite went down the pan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I used to love coming to this place! The food was always guaranteed to be nice and the staff were kinda familiar with myself and my boyfriend/friends. Their student discount was always fab too.

Since it has been rebranded as Feral Cat, it has went completely off the rails. When I went in we were given tiny menus which were covered in stains. The tables were dirty, sticky and covered in crumbs and the atmosphere was noticeably different. The food was tasted good though, and they served a few of my old favourites like the marinated chicken. The menu was smaller this time and there was a pretty dire choice of food.

The staff were just not very friendly and we didn't feel very welcome. Not a smile in the house and asking for our bill was quite icey.

The place has let itself go. I don't think I'll be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Huge portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Ate here over Easter with family. There were 9 of us, and found staff very attentive. The service was brilliant and the food very good. Everything on the menu is very reasonably priced for the huge portions you get!! I would definitely eat here again if returning to Bangor. The only slight negative is that inside could do with better lighting, felt quite dim as we were eating in the middle of the day.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Dog friendly bar.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Excellent staff, both mine and my girlfriends meals were delicious. Dog allowed in the beer garden. Warm friendly atmosphere.

Longfield, United Kingdom
“Good Food in Bangor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Really excellent food, good atmosphere, central location, attentive staff giving prompt service, definitely go again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Y Felinheli, United Kingdom
“Ok food, Staff need re-train”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went to Feral Cat last week for a meal with my Fiance, we decided we were quite hungry so opted for 2 courses each. I had the mussels, while the mussels themselves and the sauce was very tasty, i would say around half of the mussels were already out of the shells, leaving a lot of shells empty, which is fine... but quite a few shells were also broken, a little annoying..... Fiance had the Chinese Chicken strips salad for starters... which was a generous portion and really tasty!
For Mains I had a Chicken Ceaser Salad (no anchovies) which was one of the best I've had, and my fiance had the beef burger with cheese and bacon. It came out looking quite sloppy, a lot of chips and so sign of salad garnish. He bit into his burger only to find it cooked (or not) RARE. He refused to make a scene and complain. He wasn't ill, so that's fine.
Lastly, the service..... while the waitresses are very pretty, maybe some training wouldn't go a miss? One waitress was taking orders without a notepad (classic mistake and predictably forgot an item we had ordered), while another would come to the table after we had ordered our food, BEFORE it was on the table to ask if we needed any sauces or anything... a little bizzare i think.
Anyway! Good Food, ok service, and GREAT cocktails will ensure we return..... maybe ask for the burger well done next time?

• Visited March 2014