“Lovely landlady - nothing is too much!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adelpha Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
Adelpha Guesthouse
You added Adelpha Guesthouse to your Saves list
Ffordd Garth, Bangor LL57 2RT, Wales   |
Ranked #13 of 26 Bangor B&B and Inns
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Lovely landlady - nothing is too much!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The guest house is modern and well furnished with a fantastic choice of breakfast!! Stayed here because other hotels were fully booked...will definitely be returning!! Sandra is so warm and welcoming!! She does a lovely cooked breakfast and has kept the guesthouse so clean. The landlady has never stopped working since I checked in!! Her hard work has definitely paid off. Fantastic service and wonderful clean rooms. She even gave me some snacks and fruit to take to work because she knew I had a long day...what a kind thoughtful person. Thank you! This is what is call 5* service!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Incredibly inviting, easy to find, very comfortable, value for money. My friend and I were on a cycle trip from Holyhead to Chester, staying the first night here in Bangor. When we arrived at 5pm i was absolutely shattered... the wonderfully friendly hostess/landlady brought out very cold lemonades for each of us as we sat listening to her hearty knowledge of the local food/sight areas. On our way out the next day her generosity did not stop, and she send us both off with freshly made scones, bananas and clementines for our day's cycle ride.

Room Tip: Big windows!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Royal Greenwich London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel was clean and the hostess/landlady Sandra was very friendly and knew her sites.

From day one of our stay we felt very relaxed and was informed reliably where to go & what to see etc, The Full breakfast was very filling and you were allowed to make your own toast whilst waiting for the cooked breakfasts.

The rooms & towels were clean as were the loos/bathroom and beds were comfy.

The location although by a main road is safe for families with kids - you got used to the cars driving by and there is not much after a certain time - the only problem was the Seagulls but hey this is Wales by the Sea.

The room that i was in had a spectacular view of the Snowdonian mountains & sea it was awesome ! Do check out Bangor pier which is only a short stroll from the guesthouse.
If you are coming from the Station with luggage it might be a good idea to take a cab(fare under £5) instead of walking it - if it is your first visit .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here when visiting some friends and had a lovely stay. It is located a 2-minute taxi ride from the station and you can easily walk into town (about 5-10 minutes).
Check-in was fast and the owner was very kind and helpful in recommending places to eat and places to visit-Beaumaris and Caernafon Castle are a must if you have time! If you come out of the guesthouse and turn left, walk for 10 minutes, the Bangor Pier is also well worth a visit.
The room was simply furnished but most importantly clean!! There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room, with tv and freeview. The breakfast was fab....a good selection! (Have the full English!)
I would definitely stay here if you are looking for a simple, comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a fairly typical B&B that is situated on a main road that’s about a 10/15 minute walk from Bangor train station. Our party of five stayed here as we were on our way to Festival No.6, which was taking place in Portmeirion. If you have a lot of gear like we did then you might want to consider getting a taxi to make life easier.

The initial greeting at the B&B was friendly and we were quickly shown to our respected rooms. Two of the rooms were situated on the first floor and the other one on the ground. Our room was quite spacious but also quite basic. There was a double bed in it and a single bed. In comparison to the room, the bathroom was quite small with a shower cubicle that a larger person might struggle a bit inside.

We decided to pay on the night we arrived to ensure we weren’t held up in the morning as we needed to catch a shuttle bus to the festival. Whilst my partner and the other members of the party were sorting out the payments, I closed the curtains as it was around 9pm when we arrived. Like many aspects of this B&B, the ill fitting curtains and cheap rail made it a bit of a struggle to close them properly. Whilst I attempted this leaning over the bed, my hand slipped and I accidentally broke one of the glass lamp shades attached to the wall. They were only small so it didn’t take long to clear up the glass. I decided I would tell the owners about this in the morning.

We’d forgotten our confirmation booking for the shuttle bus and were hoping that the owners would be able to print this out for us from an email and were a little disappointed that they were unable to do this (luckily we managed to get on the bus in the end).

There are a couple of pubs nearby as well, we went to the Ship Launch where a quiz was taking place and it was perfectly pleasant, they even fed us on free chips and pizza.

The breakfast was the usual affair of an English breakfast with cereals and tea and coffee. Not all of the party slept that well as the downstairs rooms are subject to a bit of noise from the comings and going of people and the door opening and closing.

Just before breakfast I took the opportunity to explain about the broken lamp shade and was thanked for my honesty, I even showed one of the owners how it happened and what I’d done with the glass etc. After the breakfast, whilst getting ready to leave, I was approached and told to pay £30 for the breakage. This was essentially a cheap looking, small lamp shade. I was quite taken aback. This clearly left a sour taste in the mouth and added to what I considered to be an already too expensive price for a room (£65) which was now £95!. We left quite soon after that with my wallet £30 lighter. I thought establishments like this might have had this sort of thing covered under some insurance? Maybe not.

Overall I would say this was an overpriced and very average place to stay and the initial friendliness of the hosts soon evaporated after the lamp shade incident. With the festival looking to be on again, maybe more people might consider staying here? I definitely won’t be and would look for a better, cheaper option and something a lot closer to the train station.

Room Tip: Try not to break anything.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Adelpha Guesthouse? Share your experiences!